Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! I have merged all the reports into one thread so it's easier to track this problem.

Try to login again, and if you continue to have problems, I will report this to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @jonathanbarker @SpotifyIsOkay,

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Marked as solution

Please make sure that you dont have the same pronlem as I had.

The email on facebook was the same as a the one I already had registred as a account on Spotify. So when trying to log in I guess it became a problem.

I solved it by edit what kind of information Spotify received from Facebook and then unchecked email. Then it worked!

Marked as solution

This is the way i fixed it and maybe it will work for you guys,

Forget about your phone and log into facebook on your computer/laptop and go into facebook settings-Apps and then remove the spotify app and then refresh your facebook account on your phone by swiping it up and on your computer then connect to spotify with your facebook account and from that dont press connect click on the blue writing that says edit and uncheck your email adress then press connect and it should works.

Hope this helps you guy cos it annoyed me the amount of time it took to figure this out.

124 Replies

Hi, my user "marcelvoolstra" gets both on Macbook and Iphone error 404, cant connect ?

have the same problem!

I've had this problem to. It seems to be solved now. I was able to logon again.

Fixed!

@RockYourSocksxX wrote:

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Marked as solution

Hey guys! I have merged all the reports into one thread so it's easier to track this problem.

Try to login again, and if you continue to have problems, I will report this to Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Seemd a Facebook oAuth problem, not?

Problem solved for me. 

Weird thing is, when I logged back in again, I found this weird log in box.
Just ignored it and closed it. 

Everything works fine now. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill

Man, I've contacted customer support and they're no help. I can't log into Spotify with my Facebook account even though it's connected. And every time I try to reconnect by clicking on "connect to Facebook", it just switches to the Facebook app, then switches back to the spotify app and says "connect to Facebook"... How do I fix this? I've even tried fresh reinstalls from my iPad and iPhone, after taking spotify off my Facebook platform, logging back in, and I STILL get the error code, and it still won't post my spotify on my FB page...

Same issue can't log in no matter what route I choose it happened after I did the log all devices out option

I can't log in and it says error 404. I've done everything and even got spotify premium so now I'm paying but getting nothing

Hello Matt,

I am having this problem trying to log in with my Iphone. My account was created and used in Android and I switched to iPhone.

Do you know a solution for this?

Thanks, Alberto

@MattSuda wrote:

Were you able to fix this?  My phone is doing the same thing.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it still doesn't work.  Thanks!

Hello!
I can't log into my Spotify account no matter what I do

If I click the login through Facebook it says error 404 and if I just put my username and password it says wrong password (which I've already changed and still won't let me)

Please help me

Natalia

I haven't been able to fix!

How did people solve it because I'm having this problem

Having the same problem for days now.

I've the same problem!

Did you guys ever figure it out?

I keep getting error 404 saying that I cannot use Spotify abroad, but I have premium and I have never took my Spotify account abroad so I don't know why this is happening, any ideas why?

Suggested posts