Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill
124 Replies

One final thing. When I logged him back in I used the Spotify username that Spotify created and types the new password in there. I recommend not sign in through facebook cause the facebook account password you have may be the problem.

My Spotify isn't allowing me to log in. As everyone else, it keeps stating error 404.

When I login through Facebook it says error 404, and when I try login with username, it says error 412. I have reinstalled the app, I have edited privacy settings on Facebook, and neither work. NEED HELP PLEASE

William
Marked as solution

Hey @jonathanbarker @SpotifyIsOkay,

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi can you please help me i cannor log in my account. Its says You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. Please see attached snapshot
IMG_3012.PNG

I still can't log in, no matter how many times I try. I am trying to log in with a facebook account and a Spotify account on iPhone 6s.

Hey @euniceadrales,

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios wrote:

Hey @jonathanbarker @SpotifyIsOkay,

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂

This actually worked! Thank you so much!! 😄

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

It worked for me as well. Thank you.

Hi!! I have the same problem!!

I need help.

Same problem for me, error 404 when trying with Facebook. If I use my email it says I already have an email account but it won't log in

I deleted the app and then request added it and it worked

Had the same problem - if you use your username instead of email, it should work!

Hi I'm having the same error 404?

Username jannatbaby

Hello
Every time I try to log in it says error 404. I've deleted and put back on about 10 times now and still not working. Using an iPhone SE. Please help!

I have that same issue with the lqueirolo24@hotmail.com please it is frustrating

Hey I emailed Spotify through the website and they were able to fix the problem for me

worked just fine 🙂

Suggested posts