Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrapped 2018 needs special access, why?

Solved!

Wrapped 2018 needs special access, why?

Hello I'd like to use the Wrapped 2018 feature that I received email about. However first thing it does is request access to my personal spotify data. 

Questions:

1. do I give access to this data to a different legal entity than Spotify? If so why? What are the consequences?

2. Either way for q1, What exactly do I give permission too and for how long? Where will this data be stored, who will keep it and what will be done or is allowed to be done with additionally on top of the normal agreement we have with spotify?

Thanks for your answers

Jurgen

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jurgenvinju,

Thanks for reaching out.

When authorising access for spotifywrapped.com, you can click on "this Spotify account data" to see which data is being accessed. This will only be listening behaviour data for the Spotify team to be able to generate the Wrapped page.

However, if you decide to share your info on a billboard, it will be more info, which will also be shared with 3rd parties (the party in charge of the billboard).

The information will be stored for as long as the Wrapped 2018 page is live and all info is stored anonymized according to GDPR regulations.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @jurgenvinju ! 🙂

Spotify always cares about your privacy and the data they collect. The reason you need to authorize this feature they created is so they can give you your personalized results. 
There is a link on the Wrapped 2018 splash page (bottom right corner) that outlines their Privacy policy/data use in full legal detail and can also be found here.

I hope it helps! Have an amazing day and enjoy your music! 🙂

Capture.PNG

Thanks for your answer and the links, but what I'm looking for is written confirmation that the entity that I grant access to "wrapped 2018" is actually the same as Spotify and that their rules thus apply. I did see that the spotifywrapped.com domain is owned by the same company on whois. That's no guarantee though. So just to be sure I would like to read from the source that Spotify="2018 wrapped"

O I forgot the wishes. Silly me. Your wishes for an amazing day and lots of music are much appreciated! Likewise of course and keep it fun!

Marked as solution

Hey @jurgenvinju,

Thanks for reaching out.

When authorising access for spotifywrapped.com, you can click on "this Spotify account data" to see which data is being accessed. This will only be listening behaviour data for the Spotify team to be able to generate the Wrapped page.

However, if you decide to share your info on a billboard, it will be more info, which will also be shared with 3rd parties (the party in charge of the billboard).

The information will be stored for as long as the Wrapped 2018 page is live and all info is stored anonymized according to GDPR regulations.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's what I was fishing for. Thanks! And now I'm going to finally enjoy my Wrapped list 👍

Suggested posts