Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • GollyGoshGale
  • Casual Listener
  • 948 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 948 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Error code:408

"Hi Spotify, I moved to Qatar from Taiwan. When I logged in I got an error code:408 my country doesnt match the one set in your profile. I tried to reset my country but never seen Qatar as my choice. Since this problem, I couldn't listen my music til...

• "Hi Spotify, I moved to Qatar from Taiwan. When I logged in I got an error code:408 my country doesnt match the one set in your profile. I tried to reset my country but never seen Qatar as my choice....
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Old account before facebook

Hello all! I created my spotify way back in 2013ish but never linked my facebook with spotify until around 2015/early 2016. My email for facebook and the old spotify account was the same and originally it created two seperate accounts for spotify. I ...

• Hello all! I created my spotify way back in 2013ish but never linked my facebook with spotify until around 2015/early 2016. My email for facebook and the old spotify account was the same and original...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linking spotify account with facebook error

I have tried multiple ways of linking my spotify with my facebook, and I mostly get "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." I would really like to change my username to my real name so any help would mean a lot.

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried multiple ways of linking my spotify with my facebook, and I mostly get "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later." I would really like to change my username to my r...
  • energy_v2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Account Merging

I've been having a lot of trouble as of recently with logging in with facebook since I've 2 accounts? i was wondering if I could merge them i.e get everything such as my music and followers on the same account. I want to merge IoHDG and my old facebo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having a lot of trouble as of recently with logging in with facebook since I've 2 accounts? i was wondering if I could merge them i.e get everything such as my music and followers on the sa...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! It's not playing my saved music.. It's playing randomly!!!

I'm not subscribed to Premium Spotify. So what I did, I saved my favorite music in one playlist. For example 1 Song = 1 playlist so that when i click shuffle it will only play that one song.. I was able to do it before but now I can't! it plays rando...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm not subscribed to Premium Spotify. So what I did, I saved my favorite music in one playlist. For example 1 Song = 1 playlist so that when i click shuffle it will only play that one song.. I was a...
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Someone is using my account at the same time

I've never gave access for this user to my account, though he is somehow using my account at the same time (we can both change songs and devices at the same time). For me it seems like security breach (to be sure, I've changed my Facebook password, w...

• I've never gave access for this user to my account, though he is somehow using my account at the same time (we can both change songs and devices at the same time). For me it seems like security breac...
  • David_09
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot login

Cannot login to my Spotify- not with my username and password- not with my Facebook- reset my password-updated payment info-uninstalled and re-installed

• Cannot login to my Spotify - not with my username and password - not with my Facebook - reset my password -updated payment info -uninstalled and re-installed
  • OptimuzKrice
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Credit card fraud traced with 100% certainty to Spotify

I just reported fraudulent credit card activity on my account. I am 100% sure the security breach came from Spotify since I use this card for only 2 merchants and I use one-time "dummy" numbers with the other merchant for every purchase. I have tried...

• I just reported fraudulent credit card activity on my account. I am 100% sure the security breach came from Spotify since I use this card for only 2 merchants and I use one-time "dummy" numbers with ...
  • dtwygle
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

Recently Played Artists not updating.

It's been well over a week since it's updated. And most of the people on my recently played artists list are people I don't listen to at all...I think I was browsing a Spotify playlist to look for new music and the artists I listened to there (quite ...

• Casual Listener
  • It's been well over a week since it's updated. And most of the people on my recently played artists list are people I don't listen to at all...I think I was browsing a Spotify playlist to l...
  • arumrae
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify Family - 6 Accounts or 6 Devices?

Hi, We are interested in purchasing the Spotify family package. One quick question, is this for 6 accounts, or 6 devices? Sometimes 1 account would have 2+ devices (phone/pad/notebook..etc) using the same account. Would it work like that? Thanks!

• Hi, We are interested in purchasing the Spotify family package.  One quick question, is this for 6 accounts, or 6 devices?  Sometimes 1 account would have 2+ devices (phone/pad/notebook..et...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Try to login but one message says "account already created with this email"

I just came back to Premium and I'm trying to login but the message "an account has already been created with this email" appears and I can't log in! It is on the log in part. I don't know what to do.

• Casual Listener
  • I just came back to Premium and I'm trying to login but the message "an account has already been created with this email" appears and I can't log in! It is on the log in part. I don't know what to do.
  • karladecampos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When opening the app on the iPhone 7, the login buttons do not respond. Screen shot of page attached. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. I have also tried the work around of opening on safari and then moving it to the app, still...

• When opening the app on the iPhone 7, the login buttons do not respond. Screen shot of page attached. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. I have also tried the work around of ope...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Less function, more cost

Hi, My name is Jorge Hoyos im from colombia, I use spotify since it started and i got really nice feature, like lyrics, send songs to our contacts, easy interface and others.I wanna ask what is the plus of spotify if you remove functionalities all th...

• Hi, My name is Jorge Hoyos im from colombia, I use spotify since it started and i got really nice feature, like lyrics, send songs to our contacts, easy interface and others. I wanna ask what is the...
  • OptimuzKrice
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot log onto account

Hello, I cannot log onto my account anymore. I have no password and no email address anymore, had to close down hotmail account due to hacking. Can someone help???

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I cannot log onto my account anymore. I have no password and no email address anymore, had to close down hotmail account due to hacking. Can someone help???
  • jnorris170
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant disconnect facebook from my old account

I've tried several times going into Facebook and disconnecting. Then when I go back to spotify and connect to Facebook it says it's already connected to another account

• I've tried several times going into Facebook and disconnecting. Then when I go back to spotify and connect to Facebook it says it's already connected to another account
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify has been paused because account is being used somewhere else"

I am getting a notification that my account has been paused because it is being used somewhere else but no one has my password and Spotify was not running on any other devices? This only happens when I am at my yoga studio while teaching a class (of ...

• I am getting a notification that my account has been paused because it is being used somewhere else but no one has my password and Spotify was not running on any other devices?    This on...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Starting a new account

I want to delete my current Spotify account and start a new one. Is it possible to transfer my followers onto the new account?

• I want to delete my current Spotify account and start a new one. Is it possible to transfer my followers onto the new account?    
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Embedding songs and playlists into community posts doesnt work

Hey Everyone, Every time i try to embed and songs or playlits into a spotify community post using the url or code doesnt work. help!

• Music Fan
  • Hey Everyone,   Every time i try to embed and songs or playlits into a spotify community post using the url or code doesnt work. help!  
  • danalaymon
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Change Country And Username

HelloI recently bought this accountHow do I change the country and username?

• Hello I recently bought this account How do I change the country and username?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Artists customer service is the WORST

Seriously, the worst customer srevice i have ever encountered.They Never,ever,ever answer the requests you put through the contact form.For example i´ve written atleast 3 messages now about an issue where suddenly there are two profiles for one artis...

• Music Fan
  • Seriously, the worst customer srevice i have ever encountered. They Never,ever,ever answer the requests you put through the contact form. For example i´ve written atleast 3 messages now about an is...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes