Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution a "premium" problem

hi I got some problem of my account, I had already updated my account to be "premium" a long time, and I just paid the newest bill, but two of my family has been kicked out the share list, I wonder what happen, because we use the "premium" has alread...

• hi I got some problem of my account, I had already updated my account to be "premium" a long time, and I just paid the newest bill, but two of my family has been kicked out the share list, I wonder w...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account being used by someone else!!

Someone is logged into my spotify account, I have changed my password several times, logged out of all devices several times, changed my email address, but whenever I log in it shows as "Miguel Angel Rodriguez" it even say all my playlists are create...

• Casual Listener
  • Someone is logged into my spotify account,  I have changed my password several times, logged out of all devices several times, changed my email address, but whenever I log in it shows as "Mig...
  • victoria-rl93
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sign Up

I am trying to sign up for premium family and it is saying the email has already been used. No one know the log in or password associated with it. This is the email address we must use

• I am trying to sign up for premium family and it is saying the email has already been used.  No one know the log in or password associated with it.  This is the email address we must use
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

account was disabled

I need to get back onto my account!!!

• I need to get back onto my account!!!
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Transferring accounts

hello everyone, I have gotten myself into a bit of a complicated situation and was looking for advice. I will tell the whole story and then what I want to do. First, I signed up through my facebook account, which is the one I am posting through right...

• Visitor
  • hello everyone,   I have gotten myself into a bit of a complicated situation and was looking for advice. I will tell the whole story and then what I want to do. First, I signed up through my f...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Picture on Profile

Account premium 3 mesi a 99 cent pagato e durato 4 giorni ora mi è sparito, e sono tornato al free, ??? Nessun indirizzo email per contattare l assistenza?? Solo il tasto 'chiedi alla comunity'?? Ma che servizio scandaloso e'??? A chi chiedo spiegazi...

• Account premium 3 mesi a 99 cent pagato e durato 4 giorni ora mi è sparito, e sono tornato al free, ??? Nessun indirizzo email per contattare l assistenza?? Solo il tasto 'chiedi alla comunity'?? Ma ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I dont remember my email or password, but I´m being charged monthly

I´m being charged montly with my spotify premium account. The problem is that I dont remember my email or my password, how do i get logged in? Facebook doesnt work..

• I´m being charged montly with my spotify premium account. The problem is that I dont remember my email or my password, how do i get logged in? Facebook doesnt work.. 
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random music?

My spotify is random playing music sometimes by someone else, when I'm in my car or when I'm at home using my computer.I can't find any signed phone's or computers, in my account.I even changed my password a couple of times.The music is some random c...

• My spotify is random playing music sometimes by someone else, when I'm in my car or when I'm at home using my computer. I can't find any signed phone's or computers, in my account. I even changed m...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

impossible to connect a spotify account to a family account

I cannot an exisitng account.I send the invitation per mail form the main acountWhen accepting the invitation from the other account with the code, It comes to the adress to be confirmed.I fill in this adress form, and then when validating this step,...

• I cannot an exisitng account. I send the invitation per mail form the main acount When accepting the invitation from the other account with the code, It comes to the adress to be confirmed. I fill...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Problems After Upgrade

I just upgraded to premium, and after I reopened the app on both my phone and computer I needed to relog in, which is fine, however, when I log in it allows me but then quits back to the login page coming up with 'error code: 3' so after I tried rese...

• Visitor
  • I just upgraded to premium, and after I reopened the app on both my phone and computer I needed to relog in, which is fine, however, when I log in it allows me but then quits back to the login page c...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My account in globe got disconnected which of course stopped my premium

So I've been using my globe broadband (postpaid) for months already and one of the freebies I got was spotify premium. Recently my account got disconnected and it's already active again but for some reason my subsciption won't activate anymore? help ...

• So I've been using my globe broadband (postpaid) for months already and one of the freebies I got was spotify premium. Recently my account got disconnected and it's already active again but for some ...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Possibility to add friends without Facebook Accounts

Hey. I know there is a near identical message already posted about this but the answer wasn't too clear to me...So basically me and one of my friends love to share music but hate Facebook thus we don't have Facebook accounts... Is there a way we can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey.   I know there is a near identical message already posted about this but the answer wasn't too clear to me...So basically me and one of my friends love to share music but hate Facebook th...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Family Issues

I have Premium Family and invited my husband. He got the email (he use spotify free already). When he goes to accept the invitation it takes him to a login page but then when he tries to login with his password he gets message that account name and p...

• I have Premium Family and invited my husband.  He got the email (he use spotify free already).  When he goes to accept the invitation it takes him to a login page but then when he tries to ...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Free account and Premium account on same IP address

I have a Free account but want to set up a separate Premium account for my father so he can use Spotify with Amazon Alexa in his own home. My father is very old and blind so his only input will be his voice commands to Alexa. I would like to know whe...

• I have a Free account but want to set up a separate Premium account for my father so he can use Spotify with Amazon Alexa in his own home. My father is very old and blind so his only input will be hi...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Set device password not sending email instructions to reset password.

having logged into my account and following the 'set device password' workflow, I am not receiving an email with instructions to reset my password. How long does it take for said email to go out? Note, I have attempted to do this more than once, and ...

• having logged into my account and following the 'set device password' workflow, I am not receiving an email with instructions to reset my password.  How long does it take for said email to ...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed passwords for spotify and facebook and still someone hijacks my account

Changed my passwords multiple times, tried it again last week. Used sign me out everywhere for both spotify and Facebook and still I have a 'spotify war' on a daily base. What's next?

• Changed my passwords multiple times, tried it again last week. Used sign me out everywhere for both spotify and Facebook and still I have a 'spotify war' on a daily base. What's next?
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app won't log in.

I have created an account and can access it on the internet. Have downloaded the iPad app, but when I log in it tells me I already have an account and won't log me in.

• Regular
  • I have created an account and can access it on the internet. Have downloaded the iPad app, but when I log in it tells me I already have an account and won't log me in.
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No Premium, Double Charged, Student Verification went through.

Hi, I have been charged double today for my premium signup. My verification for student discount went through ,however, my premium have yet to be started. Email is: **********************, username is:****************. Please help Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have been charged double today for my premium signup. My verification for student discount went through ,however, my premium have yet to be started. Email is: **********************...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching from Spotify Premium to Premium for Family

Hi, i made a big mistake in managing my subscriptions. I've accidentally bought a month of premium of my personal account while i was trying to renew my premium for family subscription on another account. My premium for family account is: Username: f...

• Hi, i made a big mistake in managing my subscriptions. I've accidentally bought a month of premium of my personal account while i was trying to renew my premium for family subscription on another acc...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes