Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution remove name from profile

How can i remove my full name from my profile? i recently disconnected the linked facebook account but my full name appears, anyway to remove it??

• How can i remove my full name from my profile? i recently disconnected the linked facebook account but my full name appears, anyway to remove it??    
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with an account

Hello When I try to create a new account for my daughter I get the message that the mail address is in use. I then went to "forgot my password" ... received an e-mail and tried to change the password, but when I try to change the password I am told t...

• Hello   When I try to create a new account for my daughter I get the message that the mail address is in use. I then went to "forgot my password" ... received an e-mail and tried to change the...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't get new password

I have forgotten my password. When I try to get a new rhe link in the mail says that it's invalid or already used. What can I do?

• I have forgotten my password. When I try to get a new rhe link in the mail says that it's invalid or already used. What can I do?
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Forgotten password, can not get a new one

My problem is that I've forgotten my password so I'm trying to reset it but the mail that is supposed to come to my email never comes. I can only log in with facebook but I won't use it anymore, so i don't now what to do.

• My problem is that I've forgotten my password so I'm trying to reset it but the mail that is supposed to come to my email never comes. I can only log in with facebook but I won't use it anymore, so i...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium from Gift Card Moving Countries

I received a gift card in Hong Kong and upgraded to Premium today. However, I will be leaving to London in the coming week. Since I have not input any payment information, will my premium account still work in London? How can I change my country so t...

• I received a gift card in Hong Kong and upgraded to Premium today. However, I will be leaving to London in the coming week. Since I have not input any payment information, will my premium accoun...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to make the country settings different if you're not in that country?

Hi, I would like to know how o change the country settibgs if your'e not in that country cuz a friend of me has got it on some way and i tried the same but it is just not working!! Please help me with this problem.

• Hi, I would like to know how o change the country settibgs if your'e not in that country cuz a friend of me has got it on some way and i tried the same but it is just not working!! Please help me wit...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution no access to FB account

Hi, I have 2 spotify accounts. one for me and another for my wife (there was not premium family at that time). I used an old facebook account for her subscription. unfortunately, i forgot the password to that facebook account and FB is giving me a ha...

• Visitor
  • Hi,    I have 2 spotify accounts.  one for me and another for my wife (there was not premium family at that time).  I used an old facebook account for her subscription.  un...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment method does not work?

I could not make payment since 24 hours. Credit card information screen is not installed. Other payment method is unavailable for my country. I'm using 2 or 3 months premium. I'm sending a screenshot.

spotify.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I could not make payment since 24 hours. Credit card information screen is not installed. Other payment method is unavailable for my country. I'm using 2 or 3 months premium. I'm sendi...
  • 0sk1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error code 404

When i try to log on with Facebook the message " error code 404" pops up. And then when I try to log in without Facebook, it stands that i already have a user and then i tried to change the password and it stil says that i already have a user.

• When i try to log on with Facebook the message " error code 404" pops up. And then when I try to log in without Facebook, it stands that i already have a user and then i tried to change the password ...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use an Amex?

So heres the deal I'm trying to update my payment information with my Amex. It states use a 4 digit CVS code. Your site only allows 3 numbers... I can't update payment info even though you say you accept Amex...

• Casual Listener
  • So heres the deal I'm trying to update my payment information with my Amex.  It states use a 4 digit CVS code.  Your site only allows 3 numbers...  I can't update payment info even tho...
  • prrawls
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Free account doesn't play

Hi, guys,Today I don't know what happened. All of a sudden my free account stopped to play. When I push on shuffle play it tells me: "get premium Spotify..." What should I do?Cheers.

• Hi, guys, Today I don't know what happened. All of a sudden my free account stopped to play. When I push on shuffle play it tells me: "get premium Spotify..." What should I do? Cheers.
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Believe my account has been hacked

So the story goes like this. My phone was stolen recently and I've had a lot of accounts hacked as a result. Spotify is one of them. I no longer have access to the email address that the account was registered to and the thief has changed my spotify ...

• So the story goes like this.    My phone was stolen recently and I've had a lot of accounts hacked as a result. Spotify is one of them.    I no longer have access to the email...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution subscription

ive had spotify for quite a while now and gave my pyment info for premium. i want to cancel it all because i no longer need it and it says i have the free version but when i have always used it i have never had any advertisements, always played music...

• ive had spotify for quite a while now and gave my pyment info for premium. i want to cancel it all because i no longer need it and it says i have the free version but when i have always used it i hav...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution diversi account

Salve.Ho 2 account spotify. Uno free e l'altro Premium. L'accesso da Mac desktop risulta impossibile sull'account Premium, funziona invece sul telefono (iphone5). Come faccio ad eliminare l'account free in modo da poter accedere solo col Premium?

• Salve. Ho 2 account spotify. Uno free e l'altro Premium. L'accesso da Mac desktop risulta impossibile sull'account Premium, funziona invece sul telefono (iphone5). Come faccio ad eliminare l'account...
  • Anyk17
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to play simultaneously from to different accounts within the premium family plan?

Hi there!My bf and I had two separate premium accounts and united them to a premium family plan. So far, so good. But whenever we try to play music at the same time on our different devices, it doesn't work.I get that it doesn't work with a normal pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there! My bf and I had two separate premium accounts and united them to a premium family plan. So far, so good. But whenever we try to play music at the same time on our different devices,...
  • sf8068
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Student discount as a foreign student living in the UK

Hi!I am a university student who is living in the uk: however I am studying with an Australian institution so I can't select my university on any of the sites! I can't afford the £9.99, but I can stretch the £4.99. As a student, I don't see why I sho...

• Hi! I am a university student who is living in the uk: however I am studying with an Australian institution so I can't select my university on any of the sites! I can't afford the £9.99, but I can s...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Account but being charged

I dont appar to have any account but I am being charged every month

• I dont appar to have any account but I am being charged every month
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Double charges!?!?

Hi, I have just checked my statements & I am being charged 99kr from one bank account & 129kr from another!?!? How do I get this sorted!?!? & refunded!?!?Tricia

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have just checked my statements & I am being charged 99kr from one bank account & 129kr from another!?!? How do I get this sorted!?!? & refunded!?!? Tricia
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook login vs regular login

I am using Facebook-log in at the moment. I want to change this and create a regular spotify-password and log-in for my account. How do I do this?

• Visitor
  • I am using Facebook-log in at the moment. I want to change this and create a regular spotify-password and log-in for my account. How do I do this?  
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes