Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Why can't I listen on Desktop while iPad is playing under Family Plan?

I have been a premium subscriber for about a year now, and I just upgraded to the Family plan so that I can listen on my desktop at work while my wife uses my iPad at home to play lullaby playlists for our baby througout the day. However, when my iPa...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been a premium subscriber for about a year now, and I just upgraded to the Family plan so that I can listen on my desktop at work while my wife uses my iPad at home to play lullaby playlists f...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't let me change country

I have been living in Austria with a UK Spotify account for 7 months and all of a sudden I don't have a premium account anymore. I can't sign up with a student account for premium and I have no idea what to do.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been living in Austria with a UK Spotify account for 7 months and all of a sudden I don't have a premium account anymore. I can't sign up with a student account for premium and I have no idea ...
  • Ojrymond
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! My Account Has Been Stolen

I couldn't log in to Spotify since yesterday so today I created a free account to check if my Premium account was still there. Some guy is using my account and making playlists and everything! Someone. Anyone. Help, PLEASE! //AW

• Visitor
  • I couldn't log in to Spotify since yesterday so today I created a free account to check if my Premium account was still there. Some guy is using my account and making playlists and everything! S...
  • LightenUpGear
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Family plan

I upgraded to the family plan, why am I only able to listen on one device at a time?

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to the family plan, why am I only able to listen on one device at a time?
  • Tlwiebold
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

creditcard

hey, just a simple question: a friend of mine is using my creditcard-details for paying his premium-account (I allowed him to do that once, but now I don't want it anymore...). Is there a way to cancel his account, his payment details or the transact...

• hey,  just a simple question: a friend of mine is using my creditcard-details for paying his premium-account (I allowed him to do that once, but now I don't want it anymore...). Is there a way ...
  • M0HX
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing connection all the time

Hi, I am running Spotify web player and when I am playing music, it loses connection every now and then. I listen to maye 2-3 songs, then connection is lost, I get an error messgae that Spotify has lost connection, and I have to reload the page and s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am running Spotify web player and when I am playing music, it loses connection every now and then. I listen to maye 2-3 songs, then connection is lost, I get an error messgae that Spot...
  • M0HX
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

UK student in France - student discount not working

Hi everyone! I want to sign up for Spotify Premium using the student discount (through UniDays) as I am a postgrad at a British uni (paying with a British card). However, I'm running into difficulties since I am living in France, unable to change the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone!   I want to sign up for Spotify Premium using the student discount (through UniDays) as I am a postgrad at a British uni (paying with a British card). However, I'm running into di...
  • alika186
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to recover songs in "Your Music"

I accidentally deleted all my "Songs" (thousands) in "Your Music" on my Spotify Mac client (while I thought I had another Mac app in focus while quickly hitting CMD+A and delete). This error has been synced across within just a few seconds before qui...

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally deleted all my "Songs" (thousands) in "Your Music" on my Spotify Mac client (while I thought I had another Mac app in focus while quickly hitting CMD+A and delete).   ...
  • andreashofmann
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Cancelled subscription and Trying to sign up for premium again.

Cancelled subscription and Trying to sign up for premium again. Th problem is that when I get to the screen to pay all it shows is this. It stayed lik ethis for over an hour before I gave up. What should I do?

SPotifypayscreen.JPG
  • Cancelled subscription and Trying to sign up for premium again. Th problem is that when I get to the screen to pay all it shows is this.   It stayed lik ethis for over an hour before I gav...
  • Thongythong1970
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App does not search or load pages

When I attempt to search for an artist or song there is a green circle that spins for about a minute then an error message. "Oops something went wrong. Please try again" appears on the screen. So I click on the please try again button and nothing hap...

• When I attempt to search for an artist or song there is a green circle that spins for about a minute then an error message. "Oops something went wrong. Please try again" appears on the screen. So I c...
  • Mysteryspots
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications are not working

Hi! I've been using spotify for a while now and recently upgraded to premium. Before upgrading my notifications were working fine, but now it's just says 'you don't have any notifications' even though people have been following me and my playlists et...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I've been using spotify for a while now and recently upgraded to premium. Before upgrading my notifications were working fine, but now it's just says 'you don't have any notifications' e...
  • crescentr3n
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

someone else i don't know logged into my spotify premium account?

Help! Noticed earlier tonight I was following a playlist I myself had never followed, now my Spotify Connect list shows that someone is using my account on a phone I am not familiar with and they're skipping songs and playing things over my account w...

• Help! Noticed earlier tonight I was following a playlist I myself had never followed, now my Spotify Connect list shows that someone is using my account on a phone I am not familiar with and they're ...
  • Algee
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reactivate

I want to reactivate my subscription but unsure about password and user name?

• Regular
  • I want to reactivate my subscription but unsure about password and user name?
  • Robanamber11
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

password recovery

today i tried to login with my username and password instead of logging in with facebook. unfortunately i had to recognize that i don't remember my password anymore and the email associated with the account which i would usually use to to reset my pa...

• today i tried to login with my username and password instead of logging in with facebook. unfortunately i had to recognize that i don't remember my password anymore and the email associated with the ...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only want content offline on one device

I use Spotify on my iPad and iPhone. I'd like to have offline content on my iPhone and not my iPad as my iPad is running out of storage. Is there any way to sync he offline content on only one device?

• I use Spotify on my iPad and iPhone. I'd like to have offline content on my iPhone and not my iPad as my iPad is running out of storage. Is there any way to sync he offline content on only one device?
  • Algee
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Discount

I am currently a sophomore at Fairfield University and I signed up for the student discount in March 2014 for 12 months. I read the subscription renew and said I was going to be charged $4.99 + tax on March 9th. I checked my bank statements today and...

• I am currently a sophomore at Fairfield University and I signed up for the student discount in March 2014 for 12 months.  I read the subscription renew and said I was going to be charged $4.99 +...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify program won't recognize password

After changing my country to France, the spotify program itself (on my desktop) won't recognize my username/password combination. I can log in without problems to the spotify website using the same username/password combination, but the program won't...

• After changing my country to France, the spotify program itself (on my desktop) won't recognize my username/password combination. I can log in without problems to the spotify website using the same u...
  • sakura08
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

30 day free trial but I have been charged!

Hi few hours ago I sign up for premium account. Which has been advertised on web site 30 day free! And I just check my bank account there is a pending transaction for spotify.! Never mind 30 day I didn't have 1 day free.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi few hours ago I sign up for premium account. Which has been advertised on web site 30 day free! And I just check my bank account there is a pending transaction for spotify.! Never mind 30 day I di...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Refund

I have not used Spotify in months and Spotify have taken out £9.99 out of my account on the 29th of February 2016. I want a refund because I did not use the account at all.

• I have not used Spotify in months and Spotify have taken out £9.99 out of my account on the 29th of February 2016. I want a refund because I did not use the account at all.
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Refund for Spotify premium

I was just charged for Spotify premium. I trying to get a refund. I haven't used it. Someone help

• I was just charged for Spotify premium. I trying to get a refund. I haven't used it. Someone help
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes