Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Update Details in Subscription and Payments doesn't give me options to update anything

'Update Details' in 'Subscription and Payments' doesn't give me options to update anything... and I'm paying more than 9.99 a month... How do I switch over to my student availability?

• Casual Listener
  • 'Update Details' in 'Subscription and Payments' doesn't give me options to update anything... and I'm paying more than 9.99 a month... How do I switch over to my student availability?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Username won't change after connecting it to Facebook

Hi, I just connected my account to Facebook but my username won't change to my actual name. How can I make it do this? Thanks

• Hi,   I just connected my account to Facebook but my username won't change to my actual name. How can I make it do this?   Thanks
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Incorrect email.

I keep getting a message that I can't login to spotify using my facebook account (when using the desktop cliet). I followed a link to set a password for mobile devices and it is sending the email to How can I get my account to have the correct email ...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting a message that I can't login to spotify using my facebook account (when using the desktop cliet). I followed a link to set a password for mobile devices and it is sending the email to ...
  • lloose
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't update payment details

I have clicked the update button to fix my payment issue a hundred times and nothing comes up for me to fix it. It just keeps going back to the same page with that darn button again and again! Help??

• I have clicked the update button to fix my payment issue a hundred times and nothing comes up for me to fix it. It just keeps going back to the same page with that darn button again and again! Help??
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Want to switch from Premium to Student Discount

Hi, I already have a premium account but I want to switch to the student discounted premium. I've checked other solutions to see how I'm supposed to switch to the student discount but nothing seems to be working for me. I went to the student discount...

• Hi, I already have a premium account but I want to switch to the student discounted premium. I've checked other solutions to see how I'm supposed to switch to the student discount but nothing seems t...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Discount Offer

Whenever I click the student discount offer on the home page, spotify asks me to sign in. I use my facebook account so I click "sign in with facebook". Then once I sign in it just takes me to my account where it says "Get Premium". I click that and t...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I click the student discount offer on the home page, spotify asks me to sign in.  I use my facebook account so I click "sign in with facebook".  Then once I sign in it just takes m...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changed my Facebook email and now I can't access old account

I changed my facebook email since yahoo deactivated itWhen I logged into spotify it created a whole brand new account.All my music is down and I have no way to access the old account. I can even see my old account when I search my name.Even when I lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I changed my facebook email since yahoo deactivated it When I logged into spotify it created a whole brand new account. All my music is down and I have no way to access the old account.  I ca...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

student discount

Will my premium service charges be dropped to the student rate nexy month?

• Will my premium service charges be dropped to the student rate nexy month?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

American student abroad

hey, i'm an american student living abroad...and with that i mean an american citizen going to an american online school...the problem is, that i can't change the countries in my settings (it shows me the country i'm currently in greyed out), so i ca...

• Casual Listener
  • hey, i'm an american student living abroad...and with that i mean an american citizen going to an american online school...the problem is, that i can't change the countries in my settings (it shows m...
  • sneezydiezy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists completely ruined

Hello, since the latest update spotify has been acting really crazy. The titles of the songs are messed up, the name of a song and the song spotify actually plays are completely different. My starred playlist is completely messed up too, it's gone. I...

• Regular
  • Hello, since the latest update spotify has been acting really crazy. The titles of the songs are messed up, the name of a song and the song spotify actually plays are completely different.   M...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Does upgrading to Premium change the normal date of the bill?

I upgraded from Unlimited to Premium via my student email.I got an email right afterwards (19.02.2015) with a bill for te 4,99€ to pay till 02.03.2015) even while already having paid for that month. Because I use that email account only for Spotify I...

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded from Unlimited to Premium via my student email. I got an email right afterwards (19.02.2015) with a bill for te 4,99€ to pay till 02.03.2015) even while already having paid for that month...
  • Telekinese
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

error using spotify abroad

Hello! At present I am in a different country than mines, and I have problems using sportify. It says than I have to uldate my account because the country in my settings is different than my actually country. ¿Anyone knows any solution for it? thanks...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! At present I am in a different country than mines, and I have problems using sportify. It says than I have to uldate my account because the country in my settings is different than my actually...
  • papele
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't unlink a Spotify Account from my Facebook account

Hey!I had an account from USA linked to my Facebook page and I don't want it to be like that anymore. I live in Chile, and i have another account that I want to link to my facebook account. The problem is that as I'm actually in Chile, I can't log in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I had an account from USA linked to my Facebook page and I don't want it to be like that anymore.   I live in Chile, and i have another account that I want to link to my facebook accou...
  • dnaviaza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

dodgy subscription

just cancelled my subscription as after the free 7 day trial expired, I upgraded. One message is telling me I'm getting another 30 days for free - another is telling me I'm being charged £10 tomorrow unless I cancel. Now I'm not terribly efficient at...

• just cancelled my subscription as after the free 7 day trial expired, I upgraded. One message is telling me I'm getting another 30 days for free - another is telling me I'm being charged £10 tomorrow...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't have access to old email address so can't reset password

I have a Premium Account which I set up a few years ago. I lost the password to this a while back but I don't have access to the email address I used to set the account up, so I can't reset the password, and hence can't get into the account. I am hav...

• Regular
  • I have a Premium Account which I set up a few years ago. I lost the password to this a while back but I don't have access to the email address I used to set the account up, so I can't reset the passw...
  • Debora1
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remember username or email

Hi, I signed up for a free Premium trial back in October, after my trial was over, I decided not to continue with the subscription so I decided to unsubscribe from Premium. I used an old email that I can't remember anymore, and I don't remember the u...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I signed up for a free Premium trial back in October, after my trial was over, I decided not to continue with the subscription so I decided to unsubscribe from Premium. I used an old email that I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Have to login when offline

When I take my macbook to a different location other than home, spotify asks me to login which obviously I can't as I'm off line. I change thesettings in preferences to offline before I leave home but it still does the same. I have no problem with Ip...

• Visitor
  • When I take my macbook to a different location other than home, spotify asks me to login which obviously I can't as I'm off line. I change the settings in preferences to offline before I leave home ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Overseas but unable to change location

I recently rediscovered spotty after a long break. But, I now live in Hong Kong (account was set up in the UK) and wasn't aware that I needed to change my home country. So, 14 days overseas has gone by, I can't access my account, and all I want to do...

• I recently rediscovered spotty after a long break. But, I now live in Hong Kong (account was set up in the UK) and wasn't aware that I needed to change my home country. So, 14 days overseas has gone ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled my subscription but still have a premium account

How is this possible? Estimated ending time of my 3 month subscription was yesterday.i cancelled my account, got an email telling me that I have cancelled it but whenever I open open the app,it says I am still premium.Help me because I do not wanna p...

• How is this possible? Estimated ending time of my 3 month subscription was yesterday.i cancelled my account, got an email telling me that I have cancelled it but whenever I open open the app,it says ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes