Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Have Premium But Unable to Sign Up for Student Discount

Hello Everyone, I had a question about the student discount and I was wondering if anyone could help me with it. I just came off a three month Spotify promotion that they offered for 99 cents, and I've been trying to get on their student discount pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Everyone,   I had a question about the student discount and I was wondering if anyone could help me with it. I just came off a three month Spotify promotion that they offered for 99 ce...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

I'm unable to upgrade

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to upgrade to premium with the student discount and after I put in all my information it starts from the beginning and say to try again.

• I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to upgrade to premium with the student discount and after I put in all my information it starts from the beginning and say to try again.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Discount not working

Whenever I try and redeem my student discount it does not work. I click on the link provided by spotify to get the discount, and when I put in my login information nothing about upgrading to student discount shows up and I am just taken to my normal ...

• Whenever I try and redeem my student discount it does not work. I click on the link provided by spotify to get the discount, and when I put in my login information nothing about upgrading to student ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist is missing from account

Not sure what's going on but one of my playlist I recently created is not appearing in my account. The playlist is called Party Mode Engaged. It's not appearing in my deleted playlist either so I think this is a Spotify issue. Whats going on?

• Not sure what's going on but one of my playlist I recently created is not appearing in my account. The playlist is called Party Mode Engaged. It's not appearing in my deleted playlist either so I thi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Prepaid Card Not Working

I got a $30 Spotify prepaid card, and when I enter it the code is invalid. I used Google Chrome on Windows 7 and triple checked the code, no luck.

• I got a $30 Spotify prepaid card, and when I enter it the code is invalid. I used Google Chrome on Windows 7 and triple checked the code, no luck.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notifications and Playlists

Hello. I'm new to Spotify and I would like yo know a few things1. When I follow someone's playlist, and then unfollow it, does it automatically notify the creator about my activity?2. If for example, I want some of the songs in another user's playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I'm new to Spotify and I would like yo know a few things 1. When I follow someone's playlist, and then unfollow it, does it automatically notify the creator about my activity? 2. If for exam...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freeing up email

I'd like to know if Spotify can free up my email so I can recreate an account with it, Case Number 02592396

• I'd like to know if Spotify can free up my email so I can recreate an account with it,      Case Number 02592396
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I was charged $9.99 through PayPal but said I was on trial period.

So Spotify charged me $9.99 but I was still on trial period. Emailed them 3 times in the last 3 weeks and still no response. I read the help page and it said to delete off my phone then re-upload which I did. Still no luck. I decided to sign up as pr...

• So Spotify charged me $9.99 but I was still on trial period. Emailed them 3 times in the last 3 weeks and still no response. I read the help page and it said to delete off my phone then re-upload whi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Student discount and family discount.

Student discount In order to get the Student discount, do we need to pay the regular bill of 9.99 for the first month, than apply to see if we are eligible? The reason I ask is because I tried to get the student discount through these steps, https://...

• Student discount   In order to get the Student discount, do we need to pay the regular bill of 9.99 for the first month, than apply to see if we are eligible? The reason I ask i...
  • avdsor
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Premium
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Update broke my Spotify

OK, I am very, very unhappy right now. I updated to the "newest version" of Spotify, and I am encountering a laundry list of problems with it.For starters, it won't let me add songs to a playlist. At all. Considering that playlists are the ONLY WAY I...

• Casual Listener
  • OK, I am very, very unhappy right now. I updated to the "newest version" of Spotify, and I am encountering a laundry list of problems with it. For starters, it won't let me add songs to a playlist...
  • TheOddity
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Cant Unsubscribe

Hey Im trying to cancel my premium membership and everytime I try it says oops something went wrong. I need someone to cancel it for me since the website wont work. I'll check back here for instructions on how to cancel my subscription a different wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Im trying to cancel my premium membership and everytime I try it says oops something went wrong. I need someone to cancel it for me since the website wont work. I'll check back here for instructi...
  • Kaltenberg91
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Facebook account

Is it possible to change Facebook account that I'm using on my Spotify? 

• Visitor
  • Is it possible to change Facebook account that I'm using on my Spotify? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need help changing country

Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I logged into Spotify. In the time between when I last used the account and now, I have moved from the US to Norway. I live with my girlfriend here, and she created a family account for us and invited me to jo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone.   It has been awhile since I logged into Spotify.  In the time between when I last used the account and now, I have moved from the US to Norway.  I live with my girlf...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Got premium and suddenly i cant login

Cant login. My password wonm't work. The weirdest thing is that my username is used but my email address now says its not registered to any account. Ofc, it won't send any email to reset the password. Did my acc (and therefore my email) get stolen?

• Visitor
  • Cant login. My password wonm't work. The weirdest thing is that my username is used but my email address now says its not registered to any account. Ofc, it won't send any email to reset the password...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't access my premium content

Hi I've recently finished the 7 day trial and in that time I signed up for and paid for premium but this morning it won't let me access premium it just says I need to get premium which as mentioned above (204095680121)I've tried to reinstall it and l...

• Hi I've recently finished the 7 day trial and in that time I signed up for and paid for premium but this morning it won't let me access premium it just says I need to get premium which as mentioned a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My girlfriend has managed to link her facebook to my spotify account....

Hi, So recently I was logged out of all my devices. I thought nothing of it at the time but when I've logged back in it now appears that my girlfriend has managed to link her facebook to my account... I've tried clicking disconnect from facebook and ...

• Hi,   So recently I was logged out of all my devices. I thought nothing of it at the time but when I've logged back in it now appears that my girlfriend has managed to link her facebook to my ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

1 account 2 charges

So...I wanted to play 4 devices offline. I tried to add another Premium Accoun t($12.99 after "Free Month"). Instead, I now have the same account and I am being charged $9.99 for the original account and $12.99 for the "new" one. I cannot even find t...

• Casual Listener
  • So... I wanted to play 4 devices offline. I tried to add another Premium Accoun t($12.99 after "Free Month").  Instead, I now have the same account and I am being charged $9.99 for the original...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 410 - possibly account has been hacked - No response from Spotify!!!

Hi There,I recently discovered on Monday 28th that i couldn't access Spotify and when i logged in i was getting error code 410. I followed the online instructions on how to reset your password but i didn't receive any emails to my regsisted email acc...

• Hi There, I recently discovered on Monday 28th that i couldn't access Spotify and when i logged in i was getting error code 410. I followed the online instructions on how to reset your password bu...
  • MikeBen
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Badge Spam

Just received a bunch of emails telling me that I've been awarded badges for being here 2 years, 1 month, 1 week, etc. Bug in your system?

spotify.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Just received a bunch of emails telling me that I've been awarded badges for being here 2 years, 1 month, 1 week, etc.   Bug in your system?  
  • aekiameh
  • Gig Goer
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Account
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

How to delete account?

Hi. How to delete my account?

• Hi. How to delete my account?
  • Pete
  • Roadie