Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code: access point 17 (country code)

error code: access point 17 (country code)

Plan

FREE

Country

USA

Device

desktop computer windows 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello im trying to log in to my spotify account but it wont let me it keeps saying that the country ive set is not the one in my profile and yet it is, i live in usa and that is the country i set in my profile as well, im thinking maybe it could be a technical error or something could this be looked into or at least help me how to solove this probem please and thank you. Also i already checked with the location finder and my ip address is correct so im not sure of what the problem is. 

3 Replies

Hey @fnsgzqwybflfeiu,

Welcome to the Community 🙂 Thanks for reaching out abut this.

We'd first recommend making sure that you're not connected to a VPN or a network with Firewall that might be blocking Spotify. If you're using an Antivirus, make sure it's not blocking the app either.

You can also check if your country setting is correct, as this could cause trouble while logging into your account. You can do it by following the steps on this article. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem but i dont have firewalls or anything, and the correct country is in my settings

Hi there @Swaden,

Thanks for your post in the Community.

As @Elena has mentioned earlier, make sure you're not connected to the internet through a VPN, as this is not supported by Spotify and maybe causing connectivity issues.  

If you're not using a VPN and still having this issue, then we can suggest you to try doing a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. See if it will make a difference for you.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts