Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Playlists] Private Session Affecting Daily Mixes

[iOS][Playlists] Private Session Affecting Daily Mixes

I listen to spotify all the time, especially when I'm studying where I listen to lo-fi beats or classical music. I ALWAYS put my spotify onto private session before I listen to thess playlists, but somehow they are still influencing my discover weekly and daily mixes. Two of my 4 daily mixes are now either lo-fi or classical artists. Other people have written about this issue just to keep getting the response that "private session" stops this. Except it doesn't in practice. The algorithm either needs to be adjusted or something new needs to be implemented because I don't want my selected background music affecting my taste profile.

2 Replies

Hey there @kelseymarie422

thanks for posting !

The private seesion feature allows a user to listen to his music privatly without being shown any where online for other following or followed users.

When having the private session feature on it won't prevent you curated mixes from adding what you're listening to.

For further info on the "Daily Mix" feature and how it works you can always visit this help page.

Hope this helps 🙂

Apparently the genre of the songs i listen to during private session doesn't appear on my Daily Mix playlist and also On Repeat. I am pretty sure it should appear because I listen to those songs almost everyday. 

Suggested posts