is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

is it possible to block a certain artist?

im_fandom_trash

is it possible to block a certain artist from showing up in your feed and in your autoplay? for example, i really really hate the weeknd, is it possible for me to block his songs from autoplaying on playlists (i.e top 40, etc)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

65 Replies

MarcelPeters_NL

You listen to some nice tracks and suddenly you hear the band/artist that you really hate. This is NOT why I am using Spotify. It should be possible to block the artist that you hate because you don't like their music or you just don't like the artist itself. There are a few artists that I don't like because of the way they present themselves. Please make it possible to block certain bands and artists.

yoyannik
Regular

This is not solved. I really want this feature...some songs I dislike and they come in playlists again and again....

BRMuller

I hate some artist and they come again and again on may radio, or weekly suggestions

robin1301
Casual Listener

My wife asked me the same thing, so I made a tiny, simple tool that does just that 🙂 

< snip - moderator edit >

user-removed
Not applicable

You were censored by Spotify. Can you link to your tool again? Spotify seems like an evil dictatorship making use of extensive censorship. Not cool.

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify please make it possible to block Chris Brown, R. Kelly and Kanye West. If you don't make this possible, then you support sexual and violent abuse of women and children. You should do the right thing and not enable and encourage criminal activity. I hope you will make the right decision and stand on the right side of the law.

Zimoch

This is a virus Trojan.Win64.Barys.eeaces - be warned

1musichead
Visitor

C'mon Spotify, improve your effing software already! Everybody hates at least one  band, why can't we ban them FOREVER from our radio stations? The sound of the Flaming Lips makes me lose my effing mind. Worst band ever, next to Kid Rock, of course.

Based on the amount of requests on this particular subject, just effing do it already.

Solution!

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @im_fandom_trash,

Unfortunately not, but you can add your support to this idea right here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

Thanks!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

DimaShylov

i used to be able to remove/ block artists that i am against, based on their political or ethnical or cultural bealives, and now I am stuck listening artists who hate my race and there is no button to block them. Why is that Spotify, why you chose to remove that feature. Is that your policy, to support artists who hate people based on their nationality or religious bealives or race ? 

Spotify are you racist ??????!!!! As long as money flow no side is chosen ?

ipsetase
Casual Listener

Yup....purely money and greed. Coming from a PAID service this is unacceptable.

This simple request has been around for YEARS and Spotify chooses to ignore their customers.

Your loss.

nysteve
Roadie

This should definitely be a feature! I love the Generated playlists  function (Radio) from a rooted song or a playlist, but I've been getting a certain artist from all angles, whose voice I just can't stand, and even thought I thumbs down each track by them... I still get items from them, very frustrating.

bl-9u_el5fk

**bleep** make this happen. please. modern lovers pop up no matter how many times i thumb down. they suck!

slingy1
Casual Listener

So the "Idea" to block certain artists or songs was closed without being implemented. Spotify's "full disclosure" on the reason for not implementing the idea was nothing of the sort. No reason is provided, i.e. no disclosure.

I used to use Pandora but it is now unavailable in Australia. Pandora would stop playing any disliked songs, and if you disliked enough songs by a particular artist it would rarely play any of their songs.

The only problem with Pandora was that you couldn't make a playlist to play exactly what you wanted, or skip unlimited numbers of songs. I also found that when you liked a song, particularly from an artist like Led Zeppelin, you'd get the same song playing from a million different live albums and compilations from the last 40 years.

Anyway, if I play a certain radio station based on a band like Rise Against I don't want to kiddy punk rock like Good Charlotte, or generic heavy pop rock like Breaking Benjamin, Bullet For My Valentine, or Three Days Grace. I want to hear more Bad Religion, Ignite and Billy Talent. Liking and disliking tracks seems to have no effect, plus I have to wait for them to start playing before I can do this. It's bad enough on my PC when I'm sitting at my work desk, but I'm not going to get my phone out of my pocket every time a rubbish song comes on while I'm sitting on the bus or at the gym.

Of course the way around this is to build my own playlists, but then I don't hear anything new.

Maybe an idea would be to copy other people's playlists and edit them myself. Actually, I'm going to submit this idea now..

Static12

This is ridiculous that they would turn something like this down. How many times in a row do I have to downvote the same artist, let alone the same songs that show up over and over again in my radio playlists from the same genre. Downvoting does nothing, it just shows right back up. 

emiliebadin
Casual Listener

Hey @Maxim - the Spammer, This post is not solved. Remove you post. STOP requesting likes and "Solution" badge that is missleading Spotify Tech team. You do not solve anything here, you are spamming and affecting the solution process. I reported your post as Inappropriate content, and everyone else should do so.

In response to the original post. In radio mode, the dislike button is supposed address the request of blokcing artsists, however the feature DOES NOT WORK. You would still hear the same song and artist over and over. It's a bug, and Spotify is doing NOTHING to push the ticket to priority level.

Maxim's post prevents engineers from getting alerted about this bug. 

diveboy8
Regular

Great idea I've reported the 'Solved' too.

diveboy8
Regular

This is marked as a solution but solved it's not its just passed off.
I really don't like Biffy Clyro, but Spotify seems to think I want to listen every other track!

rob3fish

prob my fav feature on spotify is the "personalised" weekly recommendations. that said, spotify has to TORTURE me on every possible occasion with Pumarosa. heaven forbid i let Autoplay kick in.... given that your weekly recommendations have been **bleep** for the last 4 months, i could just end my subscription

Gulshanrajput

I'm facing the same issue. Discover Weekly is constantly showing me an aritst I hate. I've been skipping his songs since weeks and Discover Weekly is smart enough to bring it back to irrititate me.

alexjm71

So you decided not to do it? Just why?

There are r*pists, abusers, racists and a lot of horrible people that have their music on the site and I don't plan on wasting my money to support them just because they went viral or something.

You guys need to fix this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS