is it possible to block a certain artist?

Solved!

Re: is it possible to block a certain artist?

stuartchatwood
Casual Listener

Apparently the plan is to bring this issue up at the share holders meeting...

The fact that Spotify is ignoring this issue means there might be something more insidious in play here.

slingy1
Casual Listener

So the "Idea" to block certain artists or songs was closed without being implemented. Spotify's "full disclosure" on the reason for not implementing the idea was nothing of the sort. No reason is provided, i.e. no disclosure.

I used to use Pandora but it is now unavailable in Australia. Pandora would stop playing any disliked songs, and if you disliked enough songs by a particular artist it would rarely play any of their songs.

The only problem with Pandora was that you couldn't make a playlist to play exactly what you wanted, or skip unlimited numbers of songs. I also found that when you liked a song, particularly from an artist like Led Zeppelin, you'd get the same song playing from a million different live albums and compilations from the last 40 years.

Anyway, if I play a certain radio station based on a band like Rise Against I don't want to kiddy punk rock like Good Charlotte, or generic heavy pop rock like Breaking Benjamin, Bullet For My Valentine, or Three Days Grace. I want to hear more Bad Religion, Ignite and Billy Talent. Liking and disliking tracks seems to have no effect, plus I have to wait for them to start playing before I can do this. It's bad enough on my PC when I'm sitting at my work desk, but I'm not going to get my phone out of my pocket every time a rubbish song comes on while I'm sitting on the bus or at the gym.

Of course the way around this is to build my own playlists, but then I don't hear anything new.

Maybe an idea would be to copy other people's playlists and edit them myself. Actually, I'm going to submit this idea now..

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

You were censored by Spotify. Can you link to your tool again? Spotify seems like an evil dictatorship making use of extensive censorship. Not cool.

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify please make it possible to block Chris Brown, R. Kelly and Kanye West. If you don't make this possible, then you support sexual and violent abuse of women and children. You should do the right thing and not enable and encourage criminal activity. I hope you will make the right decision and stand on the right side of the law.

Leannh11
Casual Listener

Im glad I'm never spending money on this app. I just uninstalled it for good. You scared away a potential customer. I will never waste my money until this issue is fixed and I can block forced suggestions.

Pandora can enjoy my money instead.

bl-9u_el5fk

**bleep** make this happen. please. modern lovers pop up no matter how many times i thumb down. they suck!

espiegel
Casual Listener

I also want this feature. Spotify please implement it

yfij_ce2-0i8d

Hopefully this would be implemented soon. And hopefully there's also a way to block entire genres. I just want to block out forever those Korean whatever. Not that they play on my account, thankfully they don't. But it is very irritating seeing some of them being suggested somewhere within the app. Ugh!

nysteve
Roadie

This should definitely be a feature! I love the Generated playlists  function (Radio) from a rooted song or a playlist, but I've been getting a certain artist from all angles, whose voice I just can't stand, and even thought I thumbs down each track by them... I still get items from them, very frustrating.

z_elx-7uv95s

So you expect me to pay for this when I can't even listen to Album Radio without some particular artist pissing me off all the time. This seriously sucks and I will not continue with the subscription.

SUGGESTED POSTS