Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add to queue not working

Solved!

Add to queue not working

Whenever I click to add songs to queue, it registers that I clicked, but the songs don't actually add to the queue anymore. This is only a problem on android as I have Spotify on pc, IOS, and android.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bombay2cycleclb! Welcome to the Community!

That's not cool! Do you happen to have a screen overlay turned on? (e.g. blue light filter) There is an ongoing issue for that here, which you could keep an eye on for updates. If that's not the case, just let me know! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bombay2cycleclb! Welcome to the Community!

That's not cool! Do you happen to have a screen overlay turned on? (e.g. blue light filter) There is an ongoing issue for that here, which you could keep an eye on for updates. If that's not the case, just let me know! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, yes I do have the blue light filter enabled. Now that you mention it, I turned off the blue light filter and the add to queue function works! I'll be sure to follow the thread. Thanks for the help!

So turning off night shift on Mac helped at first, but the problem is back even though it is off, and I can't get it to stop.

Have you checked the Mac desktop section @skennedy789?

I've often had the same, or at least a similar, problem. It seems to occur when I've just opened Spotify and before I've played any music. I try to add to the queue, but when I go to the queue, it is empty. But I've seen my queue magically reappear after I start playing a song, any song. Don't know why that works, and I can't verify that it works every time or not. Best of luck.

Happens to me to. Has happened for years. You read that right, years. Still happens. Happened just now.

Whenever Spotify randomly decides to empty your current playing playlist, you cannot, no matter what you try, add songs to the queue.

You used to be able to do this, but they changed something with an update a few years ago. I've reported it here. I've sent screenshots in direct messages on twitter. They just give me the run around and canned support answers that don't help. I don't expect it to ever be solved.

Each time it happens it reminds me I need to look for another music service, even though 90% of what Spotify does is great. It's like buying a brand new car, but 10% of the time the accelerater pedal doesn't work. Then having the manufacturer explain away why cruise control is really what you want.

It's quite frustrating.

Relatable analogy. Telling people that they don't want what they want but something else instead is Apples job.

Suggested posts