Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Honor 8X (JSN-L23) 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I am unable to access the album tab on either this phone or a Moto G5. When I try to reach it, I'm greeted with the spinning green circle of doom, no matter how long I wait. I can view albums by going to Songs and finding one from an album and pressing "View Album", but can't access albums directly. The albums load on desktop, so I don't think I have an account issue.

Troubleshooting Attempts:

Cleared cache, tried accessing on data and/or wifi, reinstalled 3x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Album tab does not load

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

No worries, our tech folks are currently looking into this. So that you can stay updated with any news, we'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE.

Hope this helps :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hamiltonian
Casual Listener

I have the exact same problem and also have a moto G5. Already tried a clean install when following this guide: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/m-p/914257#U9... which didn't solve the problem.

stevesmoothie
Casual Listener

Same here. Nokia 3.1 Android Oreo.  This blows.

elmonoisy
Casual Listener

I'm also having the same issue and have tried to reinstall and clear the cache.  Having the issue on my moto e5 and samsung galaxy tab s2.

Vinnievlooi

Same problem here. Samsug galaxy J3, android 5.1.1.

ljcreighton
Casual Listener

I also have this problem - all the other tabs (artist, podcasts, etc.) work fine. Just not the album tab. Seems to be a "feature" of the 6th Feb update.

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. I'm running Android Pie.

ljcreighton
Casual Listener

I downgraded to the factory reset version of the app, and the albums tab worked again. Might run the old version until a fix is released.

Dorowan
Music Fan

I had the same problem. Turned out it was connected to the Album "Shake The Shutter" by "!!!". If this Album is in my Library the Album listing will not show on my Android App. If I remove it everything works like it should.

stevesmoothie
Casual Listener

OH MY GOSH!  That totally worked!  Thanks so much.

Hamiltonian
Casual Listener

Thanks, this also worked for me! I removed Myth Takes from !!! from my library and now th album page loads again. I hope they fix this soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS