Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album tab does not load

Solved!

Album tab does not load

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Honor 8X (JSN-L23) 

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I am unable to access the album tab on either this phone or a Moto G5. When I try to reach it, I'm greeted with the spinning green circle of doom, no matter how long I wait. I can view albums by going to Songs and finding one from an album and pressing "View Album", but can't access albums directly. The albums load on desktop, so I don't think I have an account issue.

Troubleshooting Attempts:

Cleared cache, tried accessing on data and/or wifi, reinstalled 3x

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

No worries, our tech folks are currently looking into this. So that you can stay updated with any news, we'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE.

Hope this helps 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

I have the exact same problem and also have a moto G5. Already tried a clean install when following this guide: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/m-p/914257#U9... which didn't solve the problem.

Same here. Nokia 3.1 Android Oreo.  This blows.

I'm also having the same issue and have tried to reinstall and clear the cache.  Having the issue on my moto e5 and samsung galaxy tab s2.

Same problem here. Samsug galaxy J3, android 5.1.1.

I also have this problem - all the other tabs (artist, podcasts, etc.) work fine. Just not the album tab. Seems to be a "feature" of the 6th Feb update.

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. I'm running Android Pie.

I downgraded to the factory reset version of the app, and the albums tab worked again. Might run the old version until a fix is released.

I had the same problem. Turned out it was connected to the Album "Shake The Shutter" by "!!!". If this Album is in my Library the Album listing will not show on my Android App. If I remove it everything works like it should.

OH MY GOSH!  That totally worked!  Thanks so much.

Thanks, this also worked for me! I removed Myth Takes from !!! from my library and now th album page loads again. I hope they fix this soon.

I also had a !!! Album in my  list, removed and can now see all my albums! Spotify need to either get this fixed or at least let premium users know about this bug.

Unfortunately I have no such album in my library and this issue is also occuring for me. I removed the only album that had a '!' in it just to see if that worked, but it was unsuccessful.

I am not sure but I think it is more related to artists that have special characters. I also read about someone who had an album from a band that started with €.

**bleep** I've had this problem for years and it's been driving me nuts.. Just removed all my !!! Albums and it seems to have fixed it. 

This is the first time my !!! albums caused this problem. I've removed them and the Android app functions fine again. Thanks to everyone who reported this temporary fix.

Oddly, this bug doesn't exist in the MacOS or iOS version of the application. Let's hope it's fixed soon, as it's not fair on fans or the actual bands/artists affected by the bug.

I had the same problem and fixed it by removing the band "!!!" from my library. If you have any non-alphanumeric bands in your library, remove them using the desktop app or from the mobile app's search tab. This looks like a new Spotify bug that I hope they get fixed soon, but I can't find a place to report it.

I already wrote a mail about the problem to bug-android@spotify.com

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

No worries, our tech folks are currently looking into this. So that you can stay updated with any news, we'd recommend heading here and adding your +VOTE.

Hope this helps 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

This sounds like a whole different problem.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

LG Stylo & Pocophone F1

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello. Currently if you have music by !!! (artist) saved, you cannot access your 'Albums' tab on your mobile app. This issue persisted for me for weeks, despite changing my phones (Stylo -> Pocophone). Luckily,  I came upon this thread. I hope to be able to save music without having this issue in the future. 

Suggested posts