Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto Voice Search Broken

Solved!

Android Auto Voice Search Broken

When I try to initiate a voice search with Android auto, Spotify comes up with a "Spotify is not working right now" message. This also happens when the app first starts and I have to click out of it and reopen it a few times for it to work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news @Nolegrl88, they fixed it in todays Andoid Spotify update. It works again!!!!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I too need to mirror this. It is broken for me too, I also get the "Spotify is not working right now" and I have to exit and enter Spotify for it to start working again. Google Play still works and Spotify used to work, so an update sometime recent has broken this functionality.

PS does anyone from Spotify read these things?

I realise that Android Auto is a small fry feature to you Spotify people, but after today's update the issue of voice searching Spotify still exists!! It worked about 3 builds ago, someone broke it! Everytime I do a voice search this happens. Please can this be fixed because there's no other way of accessing the content due to the click limitation of Android Auto.

Essentially I cannot use Spotify over AA at the moment 😞

PS. I've done the usual reinstalls, resetting up Android Auto, etc

2015-11-26 09.14.40.jpg

I'm not sure if they do. I've actually talked to their support via email about this error message when the app first opens and their response was to escalate it to their "technical team" and recommended that I upgrade my phone to Marshmallow. Not very helpful.

Spotify in AA also has a few usability issues and they haven't addressed any of them. User sort not working is a big one for me.

They seem content to just make sure the app is out and then not make any changes to it.

Indeed. It's frustrating. Furthermore, as a Note 3 owner, Samsung aren't going to upgrade it to Marshmallow...so how exactly do I get around that.

Surely to use Spotify in my car, a min requirement isn't the latest Android OS (esp as it worked only 4 weeks ago in Lollipop!) Rubbish bit of support you received there!

Marked as solution

Good news @Nolegrl88, they fixed it in todays Andoid Spotify update. It works again!!!!

Yes they did! I just tried it out myself! Now they just need to make it so sort order is the same as what is on your phone and it'll be perfect!

My search is still not working.

Same here. I just tried again the other day and it didn't work. Was there another update that messed it up again?

Yea, another update and now it's dead...again.

Actually though, I noticed something when it happened. It went wrong before the subsequent Spotify update! Android Auto was updated, then Spotify search stopped working. So I wonder if Spotify have to change something so it aligns correctly with the latest version of AA. Seems stupid to me though, Google should be fixing this bug.

Agreed, but it only seems to happen with Spotify search. Everything else seems fine, which makes me think it's Spotify. I'll submit a support ticket and see if that helps.

I really loved the search feature and am bummed that its not working. Please fix this issue Spotify!

Suggested posts