Country

United Kingdom 

Device

OnePlus 6t

Operating System

(Android Pie)

My Question or Issue

Hello all,

So got a new phone today to replace my Nokia 8 Sirocco, which was running Android pie, with a OnePlus 6t running Android Pie. 

I can't for the love of me get Android auto to recognise Spotify as a music player. I've ensured that the "broadcast to other applications" setting is enabled. I've also enabled developer mode but seems they've removed the generic "install from unknown sources" and when I look at the new section for granting this permission at an app level it does not show Spotify of Android auto so nothing to change there.

Can anyone help? I drive a lot and having Spotify work with Android Auto is a big requirement for me.

Cheers in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, fixed it myself!

In Android auto, go into settings and first click on version plenty of times to activate developer mode within Android auto. Then click the three dots shown below:PhotoEditor_20190726_193733995.jpg

Then select developer settings:

Screenshot_20190726-193240~2.jpg

Then from the list tick "unknown sources":

Screenshot_20190726-193426.jpg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Ok, fixed it myself!

In Android auto, go into settings and first click on version plenty of times to activate developer mode within Android auto. Then click the three dots shown below:PhotoEditor_20190726_193733995.jpg

Then select developer settings:

Screenshot_20190726-193240~2.jpg

Then from the list tick "unknown sources":

Screenshot_20190726-193426.jpg

Suggested posts