Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Car View missing under Settings

Solved!

[Android] Car View missing under Settings

Hi there. I have always used the car mode, since Friday last week it isn't working - I haven't changed any settings at all that I know of.

The car mode in Spotify is not even there anymore? I use an Android and I connect to a bluetooth device in my car. 

Screenshot_20201116-075043_Spotify.jpg
93 Replies

thats the problem Ivan auto updates kicked the car view option off our accounts, any idea when this problem will be fixed, when is the next update due??

same here I have to keep repeating the process log out turn off bluetooth etc... a joke really! an update gone wrong most likley.

I've just had an update come through on Google play for Spotify.  Unfortunately no car mode still. 🤔

I use AUX in my car and I always turn on car view in setting or just have it enabled as default as I mostly listen in my car. Today I noticed it was gone and I hope this is a bug and not one of those moments when Spotify just removes something that was working fine because they felt like it. It's much safer driving with car view so please bring it back.

PLAN:

PREMIUM

USING DEVICE:

SAMSUNG A51

Got the latest version of spotify installed now (8.5.85.894) and the problem still occures, repair this bug.
I hate it to log-out and log-in everytime i drive my car.

Hey @Denis29,

Thanks fore reaching out. 

Could you try logging out and back in to your account two times in a row? This prompts a resync with our servers. If that doesn't fix things, it's possible that some of the app files have gotten damaged. This is usually resolved by performing a clean reinstall using these steps. They are more thorough and make sure that no leftover files remain.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mihail

Please stop suggesting the clean install option, as its already been discussed several times here that it simply doesn't work.

The most common denominator with this issue (based on comments here and my side emails with tech support) is the most recent update is what's causing the issue.

A "server side sync" should not be required to view a settings option in an app. We haven't lost music or playlists - we have lost a standard setting.

Just going to add I was too quick to add my comment to this thread before I tried this. I tried it just after I posted my first reply but this actually worked and I got the option back in settings. Seems to be some weird bug.

Also I don't use this forum that often so I thought that a quick reply would show which comment I was referring to but I meant that the comment from @MC1489 worked:

OKAY! Just got fixed for me as per the instructions from Spotify support. Been dealing with this since last Friday. Keep in mind this is after I had already done a clean reinstall.

1) Log out of spotify on device

2) Shut off bluetooth

3) Restart phone

4) Turn bluetooth back on

5) Log back in

It was there!

Frag

I also posted a few hours later that method only worked once and a few hours later car view was gone again. As it is right now, you have to repeat these steps pretty much before every use - this has also been confirmed by other users in this thread.

We are waiting on a valid solution from Spotify still.

@MC1489
Thanks for the update, I should really start reading more replies before posting. xD

After I tried your method and it worked I was satisfied but if it's just going to stop working again I agree that a more permanent solution is needed from Spotify.

@mihail,

tried these steps multiple times now (2x re installed the app) and the two times log in two times in a row also didn't work.

Let the app developers check out this bug, the problem seems to be bigger then thought

@Denis29

Did this work for you?

Having the same problem. 

• Huawei P20 Pro, OS 10
  • Spotify version 8.8.85.894

Just updated to the latest Spotify version with no change. Tried multiple restarts and a clean install but nothing has worked. Car view has completely disappeared from the settings as of last week 

tried this and still not working

Mihail,

I did as you suggested and it hasn't worked, still no Car View, Spotify team
you have some work to do.

Worked for me as well! thanks!
Edit: After re-installing or log-on/off. Car mode comes up then disappears after few moments on newest versions.
Now using old one, 8.5.82.894., and it works.

@jtay1642,

No it didn't, I tried it twice with no luck.

@MC1489
I had to give the suggested fix a go and guess what it failed, to quote you "it simply doesn't work" and I guess everyone else like you and I can access our music and playlists but that standard setting CAR VIEW has gone walkabout, NOT HAPPY JAN

Suggested posts