Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] First track added to queue is skipped

[Android][Other] First track added to queue is skipped

The way I use Spotify, I usually have a playlist I am continually listening to, and then when I want to hear something specific (usually podcast episodes) I will add it to the queue. However, when the current track finishes playing, the first track added to the queue is skipped and the second queued track is played instead, if it exists, or if I only queued one track it will simply skip to the next track in the playlist.

This does not happen every time, but it seems to happen more often when resuming the queue after the app has been killed (manually by me or by the OS due to inactivity) and resumed/relaunched. It seems it is able to retrieve my ongoing play queue but then if I insert tracks to the queue it exhibits the above behavior.

To fix this, the logic the app uses when resuming playback after sleeping or dying needs to properly account for what track is being resumed and then move to the correct next track in queue when the track ends.

1 Reply

Hey there @bengruman

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 

We tried to replicate this behavior from our end, but were unable to.  

In this case, would you mind letting us know your device's make, model and the exact Android version, along with the exact Spotify version you're currently running?

It would also be helpful if you could include a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue and report it if needed. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts