Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Missing shuffle and repeat buttons

[Android][Playlists] Missing shuffle and repeat buttons

Listening to music today and noticed my playlist was shuffling automatically (I had turned it on shuffle a couple days ago and picked it up where it left off). However to my dismay I realized I cannot turn off the shuffle on this playlist because the button for it, along with repeat, are missing.

I have been a premium member for four years and can't figure out why this would have been removed, as it's a very necessary feature. Anyone have a solution on how to get the shuffle and repeat button back?

Screenshot_20200604-102440_Spotify.jpg
8 Replies

To clarify, the buttons are missing on every single playlist. They are also not found in the menus of the songs or playlists so it appears that they have completely vanished.

I have the same problem, but only in case of release radar. I had to turn off shuffling in an other playlist to listen the release radar's songs in the original order 

Screenshot_20200605-182954_Spotify.jpg

I noticed today that my repeat & shuffle buttons also have gone missing, but like the other commenter it seems to be only when listening to Discover Weekly or Release Radar. I also have an active premium plan so I can't really see a reason for them disappearing.

The suggestion to enter another playlist, turn off shuffle, and then play Discover Weekly again worked to get it to play in the original order for me as well.

Would be nice if the button came back since I want to easily keep track of which songs I already listened to...

Screenshot_20200826-110628.png

Hey there @Tbreanne and @Hepfem ,  

Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about this. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest you to do a reinstall of the app - you can find the steps here

If that doesn't do the trick it would be great if you could try with another internet connection and also let us know if you experience the same with your account on more than one device.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please put the shuffle and repeat buttons back on the discover weekly and release radar playlists.

I like to listen to them in order, in case I miss a song. Going to another playlist to remove shuffle then going back to the playlists is irritating and uneccessary.

And no, re-installing the app doesn't make a difference. It's been like this for too long.

Hey there @yrnewfriendsam,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

You should be able to find the Shuffle and Repeat buttons on the playlists in the made for you section when you click on the 3 dot menu when you have the now playing view open.

This is what it should look like and you have them at the very top:

shuffle.jpg

Let us know if don't get that option and we'll be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ignore my last post, I wasn't on now playing! My bad! Thank you for helping!

Hi there @yrnewfriendsam,

Thank you for your reply an confirmation

No worries! If anything comes up we're always happy to help!

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts