Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Tablet and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Spotify Connect

Solved!

Android Tablet and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Spotify Connect

Hi folks,

about 2 weeks ago I got the brand new Fire TV Stick, so that I can use Spotify Connect with my sound system. At the beginning everything worked well and i was pretty impressed, that such a little device has that much power.

But about 4 days ago, I wanted to listen to some music. So i grabbed my tablet and tried to Connect to the Stick. Nothing happened. So I turned on the beamer that is connected to the sound system as well, to see what is going wrong.

I tried to reconnect my tablet around a hundret times to the Stick, but it didn't work and will only tell me: "Hm. Something went wrong!"

That is not really helpful I think. I reinstalled the Connect App for the Stick, and even on the tablet, but nothing worked.

As the Stick is pretty new, I couldn't find any solutions to my problem, so I hope any of you has a good idea for me, because the AUX cable kinda sucks in comparision to the Stick 😄

Greetings,

Phil

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got it working again by installing on my Android phone the previous version of Spotify. The version on
the stick seems fine. Had to uninstall Spotify from my phone to be able to install the previous version.

Download here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spotify+2.5.0.942+apk+download

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have same issue with Fire TV stick. Spotify Connect worked first time but now doesn't despite many tries. The chirpy and uninformative "Something went wrong" message is quite irksome.

Noone has any idea? Does that mean, just to wait for an Update? 

Marked as solution

I got it working again by installing on my Android phone the previous version of Spotify. The version on
the stick seems fine. Had to uninstall Spotify from my phone to be able to install the previous version.

Download here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=spotify+2.5.0.942+apk+download

Woked for me as well!

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts