Android Widget Removal

Solved!

Re: Android Widget Removal

borbra

This is mistake imho. 

I get that some people never use it, but thoose of us that actually use use it heavily.

I wonder how long it's going to be before someone makes an app to fix this issue.

0ldsnake1
Visitor

Why did you do this? I used it everyday. I wonder how much resources a **bleep** widget took up at Spotify. Thi is ridiculous

camtuck
Visitor

Exactly, right? This makes no sense. If someone can have the option of having the widget, why would they get rid of it. Bring it back @spotify!

ben8407
Casual Listener

Why remove it? It's very usefull....I use it everytime, please reintroduce it.

Juggalo4lyfe
Casual Listener

you guys keep talking about upgrading and evolving your app yet the features that you take away on Android services upset your customers but you don't seem to care. a lot of people are upset about you getting rid of the widget and it just happened don't you think maybe you should listen to your customer base instead of the **bleep** MBA's who don't have a clue as to what is going on with society and only think about what looks good on paper?

Triumfas
Casual Listener

You should have made Spotify controls with third party apps work reliably before removing widget. Now the app sucks even more....

Waffajaffa
Visitor

Why are you removing this, and even without a proper explanation? I use it every day, and i think it's an integral part of any music app. Bring it back please!!! 

DefinedNexus
Visitor

I clicked on this article to find out why the widget was removed, and I was only met with a non-explanation. Essentially, you said you're retiring the widget because you are testing new features, which makes literally negative sense because it doesn't explain why. I could understand the concept of replacing a current feature with a better one, but your supposed solution is to remove the feature entirely and use a notification panel only instead? The notification menu without the Spotify widget is a downgrade and actually makes it more inconvenient for users to change songs and access their media controls by its design because it takes more screen taps to get to than a simple widget. 

Also, why remove a feature that individuals who  use your product may heavily rely on? That is the equivalent of banks removing online banking because they want to make it more inconvenient for others to utilize their service; it's nonsensical, just like your decision to remove the widget.

I heavily relied on this feature when using your service. If it doesn't return I, too, will be exploring a better music subscription. 

nommy68
Casual Listener

Are you kidding us? 

You have two weeks to bring back the widget, or Deezer will have another Ex-Spotify-Customer!

Skydiei
Casual Listener

I got a feeling this is going to require a U-turn by Spotify... Eventually

Could this be like when coke introduced new coke.

I don't understand why they didn't ask us the customer. They could easily have presented a pop in  the app asking if people wanted to keep the widget or not. Why just remove it? 

Poor customer service 

SUGGESTED POSTS