Android Widget Removal

Solved!

Re: Android Widget Removal

Svampmoln
Casual Listener

It's a stupid decision for so many reasons, I use the widget everyday and the lock screen swipe down does not cut it. I have pretty small hands and I don't like having things I use a lot in the top part of the screen, now I pretty much have to two-hand the phone to use spotify the way I want when before I could do it with one.

But worst of all is your lack of respect for your users, paying users. No reason or explination what so ever, just removing it. All this talk about ideas and feedback from the community but when has that ever played a role in your decision making? Solid basic functions that are used everyday gets removed in favour of new weird ideas for the sake of being innovative and unique, the fact that pretty much all of them are trash and most people just want a dependable music player does not seem to matter.

kleisi

Why would you remove it?

I've used it every day!

You can't tell me that the widget had any bad side effects for you?

Just leave it where it is... my homescreen looks terrible now...

LemonCake9000
Visitor

You just added a number of taps to ANY action I want to take with the app. You also made it harder for me to see at a glance what was playing last before I start the app. I literally used ONE widget on my phone and it was the Spotify widget. The notifications screen doesn't  even come CLOSE to the functionality of the widget. Please bring it back. I really hate this change. How could removing the widget possibly make it easier for you? Give me back my functionality! 

de252mp-0_po

I actually put 4 of the Spotify shortcuts next to each other to fill in the space left by the widget. It's not the same, and I feel betrayed.

Khronos616
Visitor

Yeah, I use the widget every day, I just unninstall the app and reinstall the older version from apk. I hope they put the widget again.

Kerowyn228
Visitor

I dont understand why they would choose to do this. The widget was one of the things i liked the most about the app on mobile. I hope that they can bring it back in the future, or I'll probably start using a different app.

Skydiei
Casual Listener

That is a good call...

drgnslyr
Casual Listener

I used that widget everyday. I didn't even know it was going away until it just did. This really ruins my experience. Thinking about cancelling my subscription.

AlexGalvan

What a dumb move. Bring the widget back! 

aClumbsyNinja
Visitor

What the heck Spotify! 

I used it every freaking day! 😡

SUGGESTED POSTS