Android Widget Removal

Solved!

Re: Android Widget Removal

dekenfrost
Casual Listener

It's incredible. Google play, amazon music, APPLE music or heck basically ANY OTHER media player out there support widgets because it's a a basic functionality for a media app on android. 

**bleep** me. I've been a premium subscriber for over 5 years, I've always been like "hey these changes aren't THAT bad" even when they took lyrics away and replaced them with this behind the lyrics nonsense no one asked for. But they FINALLY p i s s e d even me off one too many times.

Get you're act together, no one wants features removed for no **bleep** reason. 

willyholland

This sucks. I used the widget every day. :(

urjit

Please bring the widget back. It was the single most used widget on my screen. Why remove the most popular UX element?

TCOOPS16

I used the widget, very sad to see this go. :(

tashal
Visitor

Not sure how the **bleep** devs or project managers thought that was a good idea. Instead of having something that works on screen you need to drag a menu to change music. What will be next… let’s remove “next” button as user can simply swipe progress bar to the right to play next song. Hate the idea and it is a downgrade to me and by the comments I’ve seen to others as well.

To me this is the first nail in the coffin and I will start looking for a new platform. 

“In bird culture that is considered a **bleep** move”

Grandeeeee
Visitor

Yuuuuup and just like that Spotify's stock dropped like a rock from the sky.

Cancelling my premium as we speak, The Desktop app is slow**bleep** and the widget is the only reason I still subscribed to Spotify.

Peace out homies. It was Real. Aslo, if the dev's see this.. how can we move music in our Queue but not our actual liked songs... No.... i gotta unlike then like the song again to put it to the top of my liked list? Yeah, okay Spotify somebody on your dev team is DRUNKKKKK. Go home because your andriod users are packing it up.

mkivmark

Is your app instumented? Did you have any idea about how many people use the widget before you decided to remove it? This is an easy thing to do and it is a good idea to base changes on some real data rather than trying to judge the impact from lost customers.

Do you have a UX engineer? (Or maybe more than one?). What are they saying about the user experience on Android now?

The way you approached this change makes your organization look amateurish. I think the seasoned devs in your organization will be appalled by your lack of thought and consideration of the customer.

Put the widget back and take a more professional approach in future.

RM134

I used that everyday. I'm very disappointed that it's been removed. And I honestly don't see the benefit of removing a feature I would definitely like to see this re-added as the lock screen controls don't always work for me.

Rickycr96
Casual Listener

Bien gusta **bleep** la nueva actualización sin widgets y lo queiro de vuelta o cancelo mi suscripción y me voy a dezzer que si tienen widgets y si escuchan a sus clientes.!

workingplan

Horrible idea, unless you're going to allow us to start a song playing through a long press on the icon. 

SUGGESTED POSTS