Premium

Country

UK

Device

Huawei Honor 10

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I have a student premium account and everything was fine up until about 4 weeks ago when the app changed how it looked and I have since found out it is the way free Spotify is, I had the money taken from my account so I still have a premium account .Anyone know what the issue is?

Screenshot_20190314_095453_com.spotify.music.jpg
4 Replies

Its the horrible new update. They removed artist and song lists. Pretty much went from the best music app to the worst in one update. You now need to follow each artist (so it no longer shows saved songs by that artist) and you need to like a song (not just save) for it to go into a liked music playlist. There has been a major backlash over it and many have switched services, which is understandable since the app is no longer useable. I will also be looking elsewhere if they havent fixed it by the time my next payment is due next month. 

That's fair enough, but most of my friends still have the old Spotify and their app is fully updated? As well as this, Spotify on my iPad isn't like this?

Appreciate the reply by the way

They havent sent the update to everyone yet. So the roll out of the update is still happening. I recommend telling your friends to turn off the auto update for it until they fix it. 

@Deadjim wrote:

They havent sent the update to everyone yet. So the roll out of the update is still happening. I recommend telling your friends to turn off the auto update for it until they fix it. 

It's not app-side, it's server-side. Disabling auto update won't stop the rollout of the change.

Suggested posts