Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android auto - albums refuse to load

Android auto - albums refuse to load

I'm having an issue despite the latest updates where when trying to browse the 'Your Library' > 'Albums' section in my Seat Leon via android auto on my Samsung S8 plus, that it constantly and perpetually shows the loading spinning circle for albums, songs/artists load fine, but albums do not.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Phone reset (and restore - so possibly some faulty phone settings? ) - android auto and Spotify both have all app permissions available. I ideally don't want to keep factory resetting my phone. 

2. Cleared Spotify data and reinstalled the app as per official instructions mentioned on the help pages for android devices. So a hard reset and hard reinstall essentially.

3. Just waited for the album loading screen in the hope that it would load but it eventually disappears on my car screen and I'm left with a blank black background. 

4. Tried removing/adding albums thinking it was a strange bug in the count or amount of albums spotify/android auto could load. 

None of the above have worked - any insights would be appreciated because frankly, it's ridiculous not being able to browse via album after so many app updates. 

Thanks. 

9 Replies

I have this same issue. I'm so frustrated! There needs to be a develop team working out this issue. It's these little things that make we wanna buy an iPhone. Always a software issue going on, it's just sickening!

Yes agreed! Glad i'm not the only one, The fact that nobody from support has replied also shows poor customer service. This will be reflected in poor feedback and reviews from me for both Spotify and the app! What are we paying money for?

I'm also still having this issue. I wonder if the support team even cares about it. I'm seeing these threads all over the support forum and no one from support is helping.

Might be time to switch to a new service. 

I had the similar problem on my Android App. Turned out it was connected to the Album "Shake The Shutter" by "!!!". If this Album is in my Library the Album listing will not show on my Android App. If I remove it everything works like it should.

I don't have such album. For a moment I hope I did but I don't which probably means this is a mainstream problem. I think the way the spotify service on android auto is coded prevents it from loading the album list if you have too many albums which I find pretty dumb since I have a lot of artists as well and they all load fine and smartphones are more than capable of processing all that information. So the developers for android auto and spotify needs to review how spotify deals with albums on android auto. 

Would have been a big surprise if you had exactly the same Album in you library. As you can see in my post the Artist has quite a strange name ("!!!"). Maybe you should check your saved Albums if one of the Artist has special characters in its name.

Thank you!

I had two !!! albums in my library - removed them and it worked.

Great band choice by the way.

The bug is fixed in the recent beta version.

Well that's solved my issue, I also had an album by "!!!", now I've removed that, I can see my albums again. Must be something wrong with special characters

Suggested posts