Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Since about two month ago, I have the following issue which is now getting worse:

The problem occurs when I am listening to music or a podcast and than pause it for a certain amount of time without closing the app. If I now return to the app, the "Now playing" screen is not visible. I can still listen to music or podcasts by clicking directly on them, but it will not show me, that I actually am listening.

All the features only usuable in the "Now playing" screen, like the queue are of course also not usuable.
Usually I can resolve this by simply closing the app and restarting it, but since today this doesn't help either.
The whole problem is really annoying.

Edit: Reinstalling the app and restarting the phone did also not help.

4 Replies

Hey @Schlaftablette,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and for sharing your troubleshooting so far.

Can you try removing all app cache and data for Spotify, like described here

After that go to your phone's settings and make sure the Battery Saver/ Optimization is not enabled for Spotify and that the app is granted all permissions.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did that, but it didn't help.

It has gotten even first over the last two weeks.

Now I even have to force stop the app in order to use it again and can't play anything before.

It really takes away the fun of listening to music and podcasts...

Hi there @Schlaftablette,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

On another note, do you have any pending OS updates?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This solved the issue for me!

Suggested posts