Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Suddenly Stopped Working

Solved!

App Suddenly Stopped Working

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Most recent android update

My Question or Issue

As of 2 days ago my app completed stopped working only on my phone. Using the web browser spotify still works on a phone chrome browser, and using the web browser regularly on my laptop still works, but nothing loads on the phone app. I've done the battery settings disabled/allowing all permissions, clean reinstall, even dismounted my SD and cleaned it and redownloaded the app again. It wasn't a gradual slow down, but just a complete-only shows the green loading circle-all of a sudden. At this point I've reinstalled the app maybe 4 or 5 times and have tried a lot of the solutions on this forum. Any fixes? I listen to A LOT of music and podcasts, and sucks that now I can't on my phone especially when I've been paying for this app for like 5 years now. Never had a problem before! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jajaang

Help’s here!

If this persists after performing all the troubleshooting you've tried it's a good idea to check if the issue might be device- or account-related. 

You can try logging in to your Spotify account on a different mobile device to check if you experience the same. If you see no difference, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. You can ask a friend or a family member to log in with their account or you can create a test account. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jajaang

Help’s here!

If this persists after performing all the troubleshooting you've tried it's a good idea to check if the issue might be device- or account-related. 

You can try logging in to your Spotify account on a different mobile device to check if you experience the same. If you see no difference, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. You can ask a friend or a family member to log in with their account or you can create a test account. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

There are few basic things that you must follow to fix spotify not responding/not working on Android.

1. Restart Your Android Device
  2. Check Network Connections
  3. Check Spotify Status
  4. Update Your Spotify App
  5. Update Your Android Device
  6. Clear Cache And Data Of Spotify App
  7. Uninstall And Reinstall Spotify App
  8. Reset Network Settings
  9. Wipe Cache Partition

The above solutions are taken from  - How To Fix: The Spotify Application Is Not Responding

I Hope the above solutions might help you to fix the problem.

Suggested posts