Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio lowers and comes back up when using Bluetooth on Android

Audio lowers and comes back up when using Bluetooth on Android

When connected to my car through Bluetooth, the audio periodically lowers and slowly comes back up. Sometimes this happens as much as every 30 seconds or so and sometimes I can listen to a whole song without it happening but it does happen almost every song and multiple times.

I have tried enabling the EQ, I have tried setting the streaming quality to extreme, I have also tried setting Normalize volume on and off. 

This does not happen on my BlackBerry Passport using the Android app.

It happens on my S5, my girlfriend's BlackBerry Priv (runs full Android), my girlfriend's LG GPad 8.3, and my NVIDIA Shield K1.  I think it has to do with something in the Android OS but I am not sure what. 

This also only happens when using Bluetooth. Does not happen when listening with headphones. 

Premium/Family

Version 6.1.0.1088 armV7

8 Replies

So I guess I am the only one with this problem?

Do you have a sat nav running on your phone at all? I find it sometimes happens when Waze or Google Maps would be giving me a direction (if the sound wasn't disabled in the app).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No, nothing running. at all. 

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

If that had the answer, I would not have posted here. 

And have you done a clean install? As it's only happening when connected to Bluetooth I do suspect that some other background application is sending a notification of some sort causing the system to lower the volume of the Spotify stream while it plays this 'silent' notification. This commonly occurred when users had a navigation apps running which was why that was the first thing I asked.

Another common cause may be an equaliser application re-applying itself. Do you have an EQ enabled on your device? try disabling it and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

I have done a clean install on all 4 devices and I have tried using the EQ and not using the EQ.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here or on Twitter using the handle @SpotifyCares.

Note: When emailing you will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts