Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Autoplay not working

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy a52s

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Autoplay doesn't work, have tried all the fixes on here and on google but none work.

It worked fine on my old iphone and every other device

Yes autoplay is turned on

78 Replies

Premium, USA, Iphone XS, ios 15.1.

My Question or Issue

This is clearly a commonly recurring problem based on the amount of help threads about it. After a few months of bliss, auto play is once again not working. This happens on every device (iphone, mac, pc) when searched songs, playlists, or albums end. Just queues up the last played song/album and stays paused. Hard reinstall, hard phone restart + reinstall, toggling auto play off and on, and all the other bandaids didn’t work. 

It’s frankly embarrassing that the #1 music streaming app in the world can’t sort this out for good, with many users clearly being affected over and over. It’s not a huge inconvenience to just build my own hours-long playlists but there goes any convenience auto play offers, or the ability to discover new music. If the feature wasn’t there I’d deal but since it’s offered, this is beyond frustrating. I might as well be playing phonographs if I have to interact with the app every 4-6 minutes. I guess next month I’ll have to see if Apple Music’s autoplay feature works. 

I’m having this same issue!! It pauses after 10 seconds and I’ve tried exiting and opening the app, turning my phone on and off, even deleting and redownloading the app. 

Hi @manny1212,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Autoplay.

Since this is happening on multiple devices and for longer periods of time, we'd recommend trying a different account. You can create a free account for test purposes and check whether Autoplay works as expected there.

@user-removed, seems like your issue is a bit different. It would be best if you create a new topic on the relevant Help Board.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Alex I’m somewhat flabbergasted that this is the supported solution from Spotify. I know you’re doing your job and don’t work on the tech side of things, but create a new account? seriously? And then if this happens in my new account, am I just creating a new spotify account month to month and re-subscribing every time? 

Respectfully, if I’m losing all my playlists/likes/downloads and signing up for a new account, it’ll be on a streaming platform that won’t give me these issues to begin with.

Are there actually no other supported fixes for this? I’m paying for a service that I can’t appropriately use, the solution should be to fix it on your end for the other users having this problem. A quick google search shows others still face this issue. 

Hi @manny1212,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

The suggestion given by @Alex is only to determine if this is an account related issue or if it's something else. Since this may be caused by different factors, we need to narrow them down as much as possible. 

With this in mind, please let us know how the behavior is in the other account. It's also worth connecting to a different internet/mobile network and see if there's a difference.

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Autoplay magically stopped working one day.

When ending a song or a full playlist it goes back to the beginning instead of tuning to similar songs to continue.

Tried reinstalling, clean reinstalling, toggling the option, toggling every option available, checking internet filters, testing on other accounts.

Works on other accounts, works on Chrome, just doesn't work on my account on the app itself.

Can anyone explain to me how this is possible?

Hey @Lordgun,

Thanks for posting here.

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good.

In case Autoplay works when you try with another account on the same device, it sounds like this could be an account-related issue.

We'd suggest you create a new account here to check if everything works as expected. If it does, you can give these steps a go and transfer your music. That way you can play your favorite jams on the new account.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

I've already been offered an account transfer bribe roughly 4 times up to this point.

I'd like to have an actual solution here, or at least a definitive answer as to why it's specifically MY account that's somehow blacklisted from this feature.

Hey @Julian1749,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

If the Autoplay function is toggled to on in your mobile app's Settings and it still not functioning, then we'd suggest few steps to troubleshoot this some more:

Firstly, it's worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh. Just log out and then to log back in, twice in a row, as this triggers the refreshing between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues. See if this will shake things up and make the Autoplay feature function as expected on your preferred device. If not, you can try logging in another device also, to see if Autoplay works there as expected.

If the above doesn't help, then we highly recommend to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with your new installation of the app. The above should help resolving the situation, but keep in mind that you'd need to re-download your content for offline listening as your previous cached data will be wiped by the clean reinstall.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator

Hey @Lordgun,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try on a mobile device, and if possible, on another computer (desktop app) to see how it works there?

Additionally, try toggling off/on the Autoplay setting again, then reinstalling the app while in Safe Mode.

This is quite odd, considering that the feature works properly with your account on the web player, so we're trying to figure out why it might not be working specifically in the desktop app with your account and help you out. However, we may not be able to find the root cause and the new account would be the best workaround in this case.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unless someone suggests something really advanced, I can practically say I've exhausted my troubleshooting options.

It's not linked to my device, it's something tied to my account, something probably not on my end.

A new account wouldn't be the best workaround, it would be the easiest workaround, which I'm not inclined to do at this point.

Hi, thank for the feedback. I tried everything you suggested but the autoplay still isn't working properly. Can you help to sort this out? 

Hi @Lordgun,

Thank you for keeping in touch. There are some other things we can try here.

Just to confirm, have you tried downloading the app directly from the Microsoft Store? If not, it's worth giving it a try. 

Also, could you create another user on your PC (preferably an admin user), open your Spotify account on it and see if that makes a difference? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 15.2)

Autoplay stopped working. I try reinstalling app, closing multiple times. Its enabled in the settings. On web player it works normally.

My Question or Issue

I have the same issue. Nothing helps.

Have the same issue. There is something on the side of spotify platform changed and our switching on and off give sh*t

Hey there @11Carla,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

Since the issue has persisted, could you try changing to a different mobile/WIFI network to check if that makes a difference or if the same happens? 

We'd also like to double check if currently this issue is happening only on your phone, or if it's replicable on other devices.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

To start, please make sure to follow the steps shared throughout this thread. 

If the issue persists after that, please share with us the make, model and OS of your device, as well as the app version you're running.

Lastly, let us know if this started happening after a certain event such as an update. This will help us keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hi @Jabluszko,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

Could you confirm exactly which troubleshooting steps you've tried? This way we can avoid repeating them and keep helping you with this.

Also, let us know the make, model and OS of the affected devices, as well as the app version you're running.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts