Autoplay not working

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy a52s

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Autoplay doesn't work, have tried all the fixes on here and on google but none work.

It worked fine on my old iphone and every other device

Yes autoplay is turned on

Top Answer
Yordan
78 Replies

Hi @MafeG,

I tried what you suggested but the issue is not solved. 

It is becoming a bit annoying also considering I am paying for a service that does not work.

Can you please sort this out?

Thanks

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Every solution that was on this forum. Reinstalling on every device with wiping all spotify data from device (clear instalation with turning on and off). Some veird solucion with closing app 2/3 times after changing settings. Every combination of turned on auto play buttons (2 in windows app and 1 on iPhone). Reloging, clearing spotify cache data after changing settings in various combinations. When logging on new device the problem is still. But the browser version of spotify works correctly.

iOS 15.2 iPhone X Spotify version 8.6.94.351 (Previous version had the same issue)

Every solution that was on this forum. Reinstalling on every device with wiping all spotify data from device (clear instalation with turning on and off). Some veird solucion with closing app 2/3 times after changing settings. Every combination of turned on auto play buttons (2 in windows app and 1 on iPhone). Reloging, clearing spotify cache data after changing settings in various combinations. When logging on new device the problem is still. But the browser version of spotify works correctly.

iOS 15.2 iPhone X Spotify version 8.6.94.351 (Previous version had the same issue)

Windows App Spotify na Windows 1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad Windows 10

The information you ask for:
- Affects every track on app (try multiple songs)
- Doesnt work on iPhone, Android phone, Windows app (both downloaded from store and from site). Works on WebPlayer
- Its all time going problem so what should i write you here? I can try to do this every minute and it doesnt change. I try to enable autoplay for like couple of days from now. My time zone is UTC +1

Tried everything, still not working and doesnt work on any device

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

IOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

Since a week or so, when I manually search for a track then play it, the automatic radio based on the song doesn’t launch itself anymore at the end of the track, as it was before, so when the song end, I click on the « next song » button, nothing happen and everything stay blocked. 

In the settings, the “Autoplay” option is activated as well as the gapless playback and Automix options.

I’ve tried everything, clean reinstall ( several times), log out and login, the app is updated. This is becoming very frustratin, please help me, thank you.

Hey @Jabluszko,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to double-check-does the same thing happen with another account on the same device?

If nothing changes, could you please share with us the following?

• A video recording of what you're seeing
  • Does this happen with a specific playlist or different playlists?
  • Does another internet connection make a difference?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I cant add attachments to this answer because of size. I upload it on google drive (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Spn3_DwzNrfOwY0pKXsKZbneubvBuM73?usp=sharing)
This is happening to every song, album, playlist. Autoplay doesnt work anywhere on iOS, Windows.

Dont know why but its works on Spotify WebPlayer (i record it too).

Internet connection dont have input on this (mobile, WLAN, LAN)
Hope this will help

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

@Jabluszko, Thanks for your detailed reply. Could you send us the URI/ Link to one of the tracks that Autoplay doesn't work on.

@Julian1749, please provide the following information, so that we can look into this further.

• The URI/ Link of the content (track/playlist/album, etc.) that you're trying to get Autoplay started from.
  • The device that you were using and if it was working with the same content from a different device.
  • The time of day you encountered the issue (including your time zone), as accurate as you can remember.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reporting this here.

Can you let us know if Autoplay doesn't work only on your iPhone or on all devices, like Desktop or Webplayer?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

I'm still willing to gamble my odds and say that this is purely an account related issue.

If it was something technical and something on our side of things we probably would've found it by now.

This is definitely not related to our devices, what song we found the issue on, our time zones or what we had for breakfast the morning of.

Can we please have some sort of actual answer or resolution to this? Cause frankly at this point I've spent little over half a month paying for a service that doesn't even work as it should.

@Alex wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

@Jabluszko, Thanks for your detailed reply. Could you send us the URI/ Link to one of the tracks that Autoplay doesn't work on.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4pbn9U5lBTi7VYUi9Ifmdf?si=b10999e0da6d4760
but it doesnt work on any of spotify tracks so i dont get a point of this

Sorry Moderator's but this is clearly a Spotify issue, a quick search on google gives an endless number of people having the same issue over the years, in some threads some people says that Spotify is working on a fix, don't know if this is the case.

So my suggestion would be to stop asking people some random question and to start work on a real fix. Thank you.

Plan

Premium for Students

Country

Brazil

Device

PC
Samsung M21S

Operating System

Windows 10  (Spotify: Windows Store Version)

Android 11

I've had the same problem for a few days now. I tried all the solutions mentioned above and none worked.

This is frustrating!

[Edit] I tested it with a free account and autoplay worked correctly, what should I do with my main account to get it working again?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 (Spotify: non-Windows Store)

Hello, I've been lurking this thread as I've been having the same auto-play issue since 12-27-21 somewhere around 6:00am to 12:00pm PST. Just posting to say it started randomly auto-playing again for me today on 1-12-22 @ 3:47am PST. I had tried most of what I could find from google and here (help forum), which did not fix the issue. So, if you guys did something, thank you. Hopefully, it's working for everyone else and not just myself.

yes works again for me too and I didn't change a thing

Didnt do anything but it started working

My autoplay magically came back on today basically out of no where so I can gamble the odds at 50/50 between Spotify fixing something or a magical intervention by the Gods.

But to anyone still suffering from this curse I found an unconventional solution of sorts: Turn off both your Autoplay options in the settings and just forget about it for a while.

Leave it off for a couple of days, couple of restarts maybe, it's basically like turning off a broken device and asking for it to fix itself magically, pretty much a long shot but if nothing else works what's the harm in trying.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmations in this thread.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great continued weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

and stopped working again...

Suggested posts