Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Songs automatically created in duplicates/triplicates

[BUG] Songs automatically created in duplicates/triplicates

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands (but dowloaded Spotify in Sweden)

Device

Android (Samsung Galaxy A51)

Operating System

Android version 11

One UI version 3.1

Spotify 8.7.6.1083

My Question or Issue

This issue has been happening for a very long time for me (since early 2021 or so, I'm not quite sure).

When I add songs to the queue and then drop them in the playlist, then repeat the songs going back and forth, some songs get created in duplicates then triplicates (see pictures).

Some other times, the songs I add disappear (video cannot be added due to error message), or they delete other songs when I move them further down the playlist (I have no example of that as it seems to happen randomly).

It seems to be a table/list problem, or whatever object you're using when developing the queue.

I was hoping previous updates would have solved this issue, which is why I haven't reported it until now. I also didn't know how to raise an issue to the community.

I'm not sure this is still a current issue as it usually comes up after 2-3 hours of listening, and I haven't really used Spotify these last few weeks.

I just wanted to share it just in case.

Thanking you in advance.

Screenshot_20210926-183126_Spotify.jpg
20210923_021033.jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @Alexiola,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue happening so we can have a better understanding of this? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to a different platform and send us the link to it. 

If you're having any issues, we suggest that you try again from a different device and using an incognito window. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Please find enclosed the screen recording.
I hope you can access it.

Best regards,

Alexiola

Hey @Alexiola,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Unfortunately, the post doesn't have a link to a video or a file attached where we can see the behavior of the app. Would you mind trying again?

Remember that you can use the option "Insert Video" in the post editor. In case you've uploaded the video to a platform, send us the link to take a look.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is the link to the video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ah-moG0GCVlVgqBnfrMbMOw1lR9Osg?e=gsut5z

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter another issue.

Best,

Alexiola

Hey @Alexiola,

Thank you for your response.

We're sorry but that link gives us an error and we're not able to watch it. Could you please upload it to Google Drive and share the link to us?

Make sure the video has all the permissions to be shared and watched by others with the info mentioned here.

Thanks again for the time you're taking sharing this with us.

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator

Hello please follow this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OSCpPthGJ1kLOW4yUHU5pwgrBpYvlA1X/view?usp=drivesdk 

All access to view has been granted

Hello again @Alexiola,

Thank you for providing us with the video! We were able to take a better look now.

In this case we'd suggest cleaning your Spotify Cache and the Spotify app data as well.

You can find out how to do this from here 🙂

As some third party apps & devices could also be causing disruptions, you could also try removing any that you don't immediately recognize from here to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted!
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Many thanks.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts