Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blueooth audio heavily stuttering during playback

Blueooth audio heavily stuttering during playback

When listening to spotify through bluetooth in my car the audio stutters heavily.  Sometimes the the song name/artist will also flash on the screen.  The stuttering occurs when I am using the mobile network with good signal, wifi with good signal, and with offline playback of music.  I have unisntalled the app and reinstalled it, unpaired and repaired device, even done a factory reset and still i am having issues.  I also tested this on another phone (same model) and had the same problems.  Can  anyone offer assistance?

Phone: Nexus 6P
Android Version: 6.0.1
Car: 2014 Chevy Volt
Spotify Version Verified: 4.7.0.878
Thank you

Edit
I can force the stuttering by going to Bluetooth on the phone and searching for Bluetooth devices while play music over Bluetooth.

Also occurs on Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1

Turning off contact sharing and message access in Bluetooth settings helps but does not fully fix it.
8 Replies

I've been having similar bluetooth issues lately as well, since this latest update to 5.1.0. In my car, spotify will sometimes just stop playing, or just freeze the bluetooth connection entirely. It's also happening on my UE MegaBoom. Not sure what they've changed, but SOMETHING broke.

This issue started with me after the last spotify update. It happens both when the phone is streaming and when it has offline songs. My Nissan had been playing songs beautifully and stutter free up to a week ago over bluetooth. Please help

What version of spotify worked for you before you upgraded?

I'm having this same issue; pixel w/7.1.1

Same issue, music stuffers using Spotify online and offline in car and ue megaboom

I have the exact same issue, can force stuttering by searching for device. Did you find a solution?

Bought a different phone and moving across the country seemed to do the
trick, though a little extreme nothing else worked

So far I don't have a 100% solution but things have gotten better.  Reducing the items that is synced when setting up the bluetooth sync helps. At times the wireless can catch and try to connect to a business or hotel as i drive past and that usually triggers a stutter.  I am currently running a Google Pixel XL (first generation) running Android 8.0.  The 8.1 update came in today and if it helps I will give an update.

Suggested posts