Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Samsung galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Why did you change the queue button on the bottom right of now playing screen into share button!? I'd rather have the ability to control my playlist easier than to share my music. Share button is useless! Bring back the queue button please, it's frustrating 😞 

20200629_183624.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with new features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions and sentiments about this app change with the Community. 

As @GrumpyBear suggested, you can head to this Live Idea and support it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.  

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

View solution in original post

19 Replies

This please!

It's a completely arbitrary design that makes using a main/often used feature annoying. No one is using share so much it needs to be on the now playing view panel. Move share to the menu and put queue back on now playing view.

Hilariously, they tried something similar to this last year and ended up backtracking.

Edit: accidentally called now playing panel the playlist panel whoops. Fixed. 

Screenshot_20200630_013452.jpg

An absolutely ridiculous change. Who thought it would be a good idea to make it more inconvenient to choose and change the music I want?

Fine, keep the useless share button on there somewhere, if it makes you feel better. But BRING BACK THE QUEUE BUTTON, PLEASE.

Seriously why would you make it harder to get to our queue? Who on earth shares what they're listening to more than they access their queue? This is exactly why I never update the app anymore. No change spotify makes these days is ever an improvement, it's always a massive downgrade in functionality.

what a lame decision, bring back the queue button where it belongs. on the now playing screen!

Developers! The f**k you doing? First, last year the song's search bar in playlists dissapears from the f****ng search bar, which mean that now we have to do a 4 step process to search a song in any playlist. Now you do the same $h!7 for the queue?

Why? No, seriously, why? Was it so hard to put the share bottom NEXT to the queue? 

Do the developers even use spotify on mobile devices?

I would really like to know what was the thought process behind this decision. Surely they are just moving things around to justify some development funding that they would otherwise lose. Couldn't come up with anything useful so they create problems for themselves to fix.

Whatever the reason is - this was a garbage decision. GARBAGE.

What were they thinking?!

Okay, I just registered to post on here...

Like seriously, this must be some bad joke, right?

I'm using the queue multiple times a day to rearrange stuff or delete songs, that I'm not in the mood for. Sharing is used maybe once a week?!

I "survived" multiple bad changes in the past but Spotify crossed a line here!

This needs to be reverted immediately, like NOW!!

It's also been posted about in suggestions so don't forget to vote there. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Playlists-Re-enable-queue-on-now-playing-s...

Now they remove one of the most heavily used buttons on the platform and replaced it with one that no one cares about. A single focus group exercise would've shown this was going to be an unpopular idea. They obviously want us to use the share button more to promote the Spotify platform and don't mind irritating their customers in the process. Please listen to the community Spotify, no one wanted or asked for this.

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support this. By far one of the worst design choices Spotify has made yet, and it's this kind of **bleep** that makes me consider switching to another platform. I use the share button about 1% as often as the queue button. I swear Spotify developers aren't listening; they still haven't implemented album art next to each song on the Liked Songs playlist (or at least given me the option to), and they still haven't implemented the ability to swipe left/right on a song to remove or add it from the queue on Android, a feature that iOS users have enjoyed for YEARS. Tidal and YouTube Music are looking more and more appealing by the day. 

Music should ALWAYS be the main focus on Spotify. Hiding actual useful buttons in favor of some stupid share button is redicilous. I not paying 100SEK a month for social media... 

Thanks, bud. I've been using spotify for years, but I'm pretty new to this forum. I wouldn't have know about that if you hadn't mentioned it.

Marked as solution

Hey there everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with new features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestions and sentiments about this app change with the Community. 

As @GrumpyBear suggested, you can head to this Live Idea and support it by clicking on the +VOTE button. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.  

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

Yeah this seriously sucks. How do make sure this issue gets seen ?

Deleted the app and all my music thinking it was a bug requiring a reinstall, only to find out it was the dumbest change ever made to a feature used constantly. Thanks for that! 

Go here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Android-Playlists-Re-enable-queue-on-now-playing-screen/...
and give it a like. Get the likes above 500, and they'll pay attention.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in the Community - we really appreciate it!

Just wanted to let you know that the queue button should now be back in the Now Playing view 🙂

If it's still missing on your end, try restarting or logging out and back in to the app to see the changes.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Happy listening 🎧

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for listening!

It *is* back, and it's *wonderful*! Thanks to whoever implemented this!

Suggested posts