Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect through WiFi

Solved!

Can't connect through WiFi

I am getting a message "There is no Internet connection" when I am connected via WiFi. All other applications work as expected. If I turn off WiFi Spotify works again over the mobile connection. Problems started when upgrading Spotify to 3.0.0.1124. I am running on Galaxy S5 Android 5.0.
61 Replies

Hi

I am sad to write this post since I am a Swedish and have always been proud
of Spotify. Since a couple of months I have however not been able to use
the service still paid for it. There has not been any recognition from
Spotify that there even is a problem. The solution to the problem is
therefore to cancel my premium subscription, I am now signed up with Google
Play music.

Regards
Johan

I fixed it by logging out of my account, deleted "Spotify" from the apps then logged back from a Windows computer to the account. After that, mobiles started back working.

Did you guys friggin put a filter on the amount of public ip addresses that can access a single spotify account? I'm gonna friggin move to Gplay if I find out that is the case.

Paying 9.99 for this, you better deliver.

I install the last beta, because i read that they have fix the problem. Although the issue is yet 😞

Still no fix? this is rediculous! 

I have last upgrade and finally Spotify works with WiFi!!!

No I have now left Spotify for Google.

@roberto11700 wrote:
I have last upgrade and finally Spotify works with WiFi!!!

Can you double check and confirm?

I still have the same issue....

Sorry can't do that, I have left Spotify for Google due to this issue.
Thought paying 4 months premium was enough for a broken service.

Sorry but i don't understand 😞
I had spotify's beta and Spotify don't work. I saw that Spotify has released a new upgrade, so i downloaded it on APKMirror (Spotify 3.7.0.833) and now Spotify works normally with WiFi.
Now i hope that Spotify create the app in material design.

Are there any fixes for this yet? Spotify worked fine on my iphone but I have just upgraded to s6 edge and spotify doesn't work on wifi through my phone. It still works through the app on my macbook pro using the same router. I can only last a few days without music on my phone so if this isn't fixed soon I'll probably check out google play.

Marked as solution

@LukeGiant wrote:

Are there any fixes for this yet? Spotify worked fine on my iphone but I have just upgraded to s6 edge and spotify doesn't work on wifi through my phone. It still works through the app on my macbook pro using the same router. I can only last a few days without music on my phone so if this isn't fixed soon I'll probably check out google play.

The last version on Google Play Store (3.7.0.833) did not fix the problem for me.

Despite many tries spotify support were not able to find the root cause and propose solution.

So finally I took the risk and I've installed old version of the app (1.5.0.739) out of Google Play Store.

It works without any issues or problems on WiFi and I am going to keep using it.

Good to know that you can install the older version of the app. Only problem is I dropped my new phone in the toilet so its back to the iPhone where it was working anyway.

Problem solved.

The issue affects just the last 15 or 20 releases of the Android app. 

Just install Spotify 2.3.0.828 (released on march 2, 2015) and the WiFi will work again. 

Here's the link: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-3-0-828-android-apk-download/

Bye

@oneearleft wrote:

For me Spotify 2.8 works too: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/ 

Solution found here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/WiFi-problem/m-p/1149415#M44651 

Thanks Oneearleft - this worked perfectly for me.
I had a while of Spotfiy not working on WiFi on Moto G 2 which was driving me crazy (other devices/internet connections eg 4G was fine).

So if you're on Moto G2 and Spotify is not working on WiFi only, downgrade your Spotify version from 2.9 to 2.8 using Oneearleft's link (make sure you uninstall spotify 2.9 first or it won't work as I discovered! lol).
Finally I can Spotify sing in the shower again and not waste my data! 😄

Still doesn't work here. Works on neither my Xperia Z3 or my Iphone 5S. Soon as I drop the wifi and go 4g, it works like a charm. 

I don't like it. 2.8 doesn't work either. Pleeeaaaaaseeeeee fix this swiftly

The Wi-Fi problem went away a few spotify versions ago. 

I have a Samsung GT-9195i

I figured out why it doesn't work in my house on wifi. The app for some
reason doesn't like double NAT network situations (which my Internet
provider forces upon me).
For some reason the desktop software can deal with it fine.

I'm having the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled, put in a fresh blank memory card into my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and still no luck. I've been using this service for years and never had this problem until just recently. I'm having this problem when on an open free wifi network with mobile data turned off. All other apps and Chrome internet works fine. I'm not even able to go to this forum, or to the spotify website until I turn off the wifi and turn back mobile data back on. Is there a solution or do I need to switch to RDIO? I have spent a lot of time making over 100 playlists and would rather continue with this service. However I'm not able to download any offline content, and will be forced to defect and start all over if this isn't resolved. Please Help!!!

I've seen posts about rolling back to an older version, but I don't know where to find it or even how to do it. Can anyone help please?

Suggested posts