Can't connect through WiFi

Solved!
Highlighted

Can't connect through WiFi

stahmjoh
Regular
I am getting a message "There is no Internet connection" when I am connected via WiFi. All other applications work as expected. If I turn off WiFi Spotify works again over the mobile connection. Problems started when upgrading Spotify to 3.0.0.1124. I am running on Galaxy S5 Android 5.0.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Can't connect through WiFi

pleszczak
Casual Listener

@LukeGiant wrote:

Are there any fixes for this yet? Spotify worked fine on my iphone but I have just upgraded to s6 edge and spotify doesn't work on wifi through my phone. It still works through the app on my macbook pro using the same router. I can only last a few days without music on my phone so if this isn't fixed soon I'll probably check out google play.

The last version on Google Play Store (3.7.0.833) did not fix the problem for me.

Despite many tries spotify support were not able to find the root cause and propose solution.

So finally I took the risk and I've installed old version of the app (1.5.0.739) out of Google Play Store.

It works without any issues or problems on WiFi and I am going to keep using it.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

T68L
Music Fan

Got the same issue on my HTC One M7. Spotify works fine on 4g but throws into offline mode when connected to our wifi router. Other apps and browser works just fine on the same wifi. 
Have tried a full reinstallation of the Spotify app (after clearing data and cache) with out success.

Spotify works fine on other android phones on the same wifi network.

So it seems as it´s something wrong with my phone ore account. What can it be and how can I solve it? Thanks for any help!

stahmjoh
Regular

Hi Jordi,

I think that I have done so, uninstalled the app and re-installed it once again. Unfortunately the issue still remains.

Regards

Johan

Pavlete

I have exactly the same problem here. Offline mode off, with wifi I got the no internet connection message, switching off the wifi makes the App going online. Reinstalling is not working.

My device is a Motorola Moto G 2, App version 3.0.0.1124

Ruanswi
Same problem here. I have an iPhne6 (iOS8.3).
Did uninstall/reinstall already. Please assist someone

pleszczak
Casual Listener
The same issue. Samsung S4. Full reinstall did not help.

ReneeAitken
I too am having the same issue. Wifi connection worked fine with a free account, but since upgrading it to premium, it no longer works over a WiFi connection.
Using a HTC One Mini

HandsomeJim

Same problem. Nexus 5, have been on Premium for months , so there's no change there. Suspect it's related to the Spotify update mentioned by OP. Tried cache clearing, re-installing, resetting router, setting up port forwarding, trying on another device, and no dice on any of them. Works fine on PC, works fine through the mobile data.

ncbluehog

same issue for past couple days on Galaxy S5

SUGGESTED POSTS