Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect through WiFi

Solved!

Can't connect through WiFi

I am getting a message "There is no Internet connection" when I am connected via WiFi. All other applications work as expected. If I turn off WiFi Spotify works again over the mobile connection. Problems started when upgrading Spotify to 3.0.0.1124. I am running on Galaxy S5 Android 5.0.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@LukeGiant wrote:

Are there any fixes for this yet? Spotify worked fine on my iphone but I have just upgraded to s6 edge and spotify doesn't work on wifi through my phone. It still works through the app on my macbook pro using the same router. I can only last a few days without music on my phone so if this isn't fixed soon I'll probably check out google play.

The last version on Google Play Store (3.7.0.833) did not fix the problem for me.

Despite many tries spotify support were not able to find the root cause and propose solution.

So finally I took the risk and I've installed old version of the app (1.5.0.739) out of Google Play Store.

It works without any issues or problems on WiFi and I am going to keep using it.

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app, including removing your local cache/data files.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Got the same issue on my HTC One M7. Spotify works fine on 4g but throws into offline mode when connected to our wifi router. Other apps and browser works just fine on the same wifi. 
Have tried a full reinstallation of the Spotify app (after clearing data and cache) with out success.

Spotify works fine on other android phones on the same wifi network.

So it seems as it´s something wrong with my phone ore account. What can it be and how can I solve it? Thanks for any help!

Hi Jordi,

I think that I have done so, uninstalled the app and re-installed it once again. Unfortunately the issue still remains.

Regards

Johan

I have exactly the same problem here. Offline mode off, with wifi I got the no internet connection message, switching off the wifi makes the App going online. Reinstalling is not working.

My device is a Motorola Moto G 2, App version 3.0.0.1124

Same problem here. I have an iPhne6 (iOS8.3).
Did uninstall/reinstall already. Please assist someone

The same issue. Samsung S4. Full reinstall did not help.

I too am having the same issue. Wifi connection worked fine with a free account, but since upgrading it to premium, it no longer works over a WiFi connection.
Using a HTC One Mini

Same problem. Nexus 5, have been on Premium for months , so there's no change there. Suspect it's related to the Spotify update mentioned by OP. Tried cache clearing, re-installing, resetting router, setting up port forwarding, trying on another device, and no dice on any of them. Works fine on PC, works fine through the mobile data.

same issue for past couple days on Galaxy S5

Seems as if I managed to solve this issue!

Here is what I did.

1. Set a static IP address on my phone

2. I did a port forward on my router for port 4070 to the static ip adress that I use on my phone (a HTC One M7 running latest stock firmware on Lollipop)

My router is a simple Netgear JWNR2010v5. So i could not open port 4070 from the specificit external ip adress range that spotify suggest in it´s support docs. I can only say that port 4070 should forward to an internal ip (the static ip on my phone). More advanced routers have the function to allow port forward from specific external adresses which for spotify are 

• 78.31.8.0/21
  • 193.182.8.0/21

But in my case it worked without this setting!

BUT here is what is a bit strange:
My wife had the same issue on her LG G3. On here phone I just set static IP adress and Spotify started to work! Did no router port forward since on the router I can only do one setting for that port and I already have that set to forward to my HTC.
So I actually dont know if the port forwarding is not necessary at all, or if the forwarding to the first IP helps the second...? Right now I don´t want to change anything for testing since Spotify finally works for both me and my wifey when we are at home connected to our wifi! If aint broke, dont fix it :-).
Hopefully this can help others having issues with spotify on wifi but not in LTE/4G.

I will solve this issue in an easier way: switching to Deezer. By by Spotify. Fortunately I only spent 0.99€ on it.

I have the same issue on my HTC one m7. I tried the port forwarding with static IP and a full Uninstall and reinstall with the Spotify guide (deleting the folder and stuff) but it was to no avail. Such a shame Spotify starts losing business because of a lousy app.

Hello @Badidea-21, Welcome to the community! 🙂

May i ask which version of the spotify app you are using?

Sure, I'm currently on latest available for me wich is 3.4.0.762

Same issue on Moto X 2nd gen. Android 5.1 and latest version of Spotify. It only happens on my home wifi however. But, no other device in my home has this problem...laptop...iphone 5.

Also, the issue happend since version 2.9 of Psotify. at one point I rolled back to 2.8 and it worked fine.

I have the identical issue to OperaNowPodcast amd been struggling with this now for a couple of weeks. Not working on WIFI at home, but working on my work WIFI. I can Spotify over 4G fine. Other Spotify devices work fine at home WIFI, including my Wife's iPhone. All other apps on my Android phone (Samsung Note 3) work fine on WIFI. Everything worked fine until latest update.

The fact it is working at work seems to suggest it is something to do with my home network, however I have been using Spotify at home for about 2 years and never any issues until the app upgraded. I have not changed anything on my home WIFI.

If I turn 4G off and WIFI on, I can't even log into Spotify (It never gets past the login screen).

Have so far tried;

- Cold restarted my phone numerous times

- Full uninstall / reinstall of Spotify including folder deletion (more than once)

- logging out and logging in with user ID instead of Facebook

- Removing all local content

- Deleted my WIFI connection and reconnected

I am getting very frustrated, as currently the app is not really usable - I mainly use Spotify in my car, and I am now left without any offline music (due to all the stuffing around above). I have been perusing a number of other posts with more suggestions and I have tried all of the suggestions, without any luck. Can we please at least have an acknowledgement that there is a problem and that it is being worked on?

Hi. What kind of router? Mine is netgear. Have reset to factory and still
no dice.

Got the same for a few months. Other apps connect through wifi correctly, but spotify doesn't. It hapens on my mobile (HTC desire 310) ant tablet (pentagram Tab 8.5).  HTC was checked on wifi LAN in my home and in may work. The same result - messago of no internet connection. Through GSM connection works well.

I will try install some prevois version of Spotify.

EDIT.

Sometimes but not too often it connects. I mean in new version (now I have 3.5.0.963)

As i say in other post, i have too this problem with Nexus 5 and Samsung Note 3 Neo, although two last upgrade. Hopefully that will fix it soon

Suggested posts