Premium

Country

France

Device

OnePlus 5

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

I can't load album details, it just loads forever. Clicking on "view album" when playing a song or directly clicking an album in my discoveries trigger this. LTE or wifi indépendant. 

Screenshot_20181029-222346.jpg
6 Replies

I've been having this exact problem for a few days now.  I can't load or view any albums.  I get the endless spinning green circle.  I'm using a Google Pixel 2 phone, running the Pie OS.  I'm using Spotify version 8.4.77.779.

Hey Nastaliss, I'm the guy above who had the same issue as you.  I just uninstalled Spotify from my phone and re-downloaded it from the Play store.  It works normally again.  I can view albums like normal.  Hopefully this works for you as well.

I had the same problem but I have just cleared the cache (Spotify -> Settings -> Delete Cache) and it seems to be working just fine!

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this has not helped. Happened yesterday both in my car system and on my Android mobile (Galaxy Note 8). Had to log out and back in again out of both. Problem seems to have gone away but today its back on my phone.

Logged out and back in again and this has not helped this time. Cleared cache like you said and still has not helped.

- Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 8

- Network : EE LTE (4G service in the UK)

- OS Version 8.0.0

- Spotify Version 8.4.79.630 (Premium Account)

Just me speculating but I doubt this has anything to do with device /or OS version /or Spotify app version as it is happening on my car system running on a 4G data service as well (exactly same fault). Seems to have happened to other platforms as well (IOS etc). I think it could be a server issue / data access / server response issue.

Spotify Support could you please assist as this is quite inconveniencing and irritating.

Thanks, CKapasa

Hi all!

Thanks for reaching out!

This is a known issue currently under investigation. To help out head here +Vote and add a comment with the required info.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hello AeroZ,

Thank you for the update. I know you are another Spotify customer just like myself so Im not taking this out on you. Youre actually being helpful.

Funny how something so simple can be so frustrating. My style of listening is that I listen to entire albums back to back and actually join albums from 1 artist into chronological order so I can have a full appreciation for the artist's story, style and transition. For the interim, not being able to pick albums has therefore killed my listening experience.

I have shelved Spotify for now and will listen to my music on TIDAL. See you later when this is resolved.

Thanks, Kapasa (Premium subscriber)

Suggested posts