Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see play button or progress bar

Solved!

Can't see play button or progress bar

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Redmi Note 8 Pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having some problems with the interface. As you can see in the attached image, the play/pause button is a big white circle (I can only briefly see the icons when I press it) and the progress bar basically blends into the background, barely visible. This is persistent throughout all playlists and songs. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_2020-09-11-13-26-33-709_com.spotify.music.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, I had the same problem with my Redmi Note 8 Pro, and I solved it by restricting dark mode in Spotify. This setting is located under Display>Dark Mode>Individual Apps

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey @as177, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the reply,

I tried rebooting the device and performing a clean install of Spotify, unfortunately neither solution worked. I'm using a Redmi Note 8 Pro running on Android 10 (190711.020), MIUI Global 12.0.2.

Cheers.

Hey @as177,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Could you let me know if this happens on a different device if you have one nearby? Also, do you have any Invert color setting changes on your settings app from your device? And does this happen no matter what album or song you select?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello again,

I checked it again on an Iphone 6s, the issue doesn't appear on that phone. There is an "Invert Colours" option in my settings, however it's turned off. This happens on my phone regardless of what song/album/playlist I try and listen to.

Cheers

Hey @as177,

Thanks. Could you also try another clean reinstall of the app following these steps? This isn’t the same as a basic reinstall from the link I provided in my earlier replies, as this one makes sure all of the contents and data from the Spotify app are removed from the device. 

Then, if you’re still having troubles, try logging in on a different account on the same device and let me know if the issue occurs there.

Keep me updated!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello once again,

I reinstalled using the new instructions posted, although the steps seemed to be the same (apart from deleting a folder which I did not have anyway). I tried logging in with a different account on the same phone, and the issue still persists. Thank you for the swift replies, by the way.

Cheers.

Hey @as177,

I’ll take a closer look at this and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in advance!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you for the help, I'll be right here.

Cheers.

Hey @as177

Can you let me know if you have an SD card and if so let me know the available storage on that card? Also, let me know how much storage you have available on your device.

For Android, open the Applications tab and tap Settings. Tap SD card & phone storage.

Also, let me know if this happens with a different network connection, and if you can attach a screen recording of what happens when you do the reinstall so I can take a closer look.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello again,

I do have and SD card on this phone. There 5.5gb free on the SD card, and 22.4gb free on the internal storage (out of 64gb). I tried a different network, though that didn't make any difference. I have uploaded a video of the problem as well as a video of me reinstalling it.

Hey @as177,

Can you let me know if the card is formatted as “Internal” memory before attempting any more clean reinstall attempts if the previous ones didn't work?

Can you also check to see if the Spotify app has all the required permissions on your phone and is white-listed for any battery-saver or cache-cleaner apps or tools?

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello,

I'm not sure how to check whether the storage is formatted as internal or not, although Spotify is located in the phone internal storage.

I tried giving Spotify every permission I can give it, that didn't change anything. I don't have any battery saving or cache-cleaning apps that work automatically, however the phone goes into battery saving mode under %20. I tried opening the app at full charge, while charging and while in battery saving mode, the issue still persists. There is also a "clean the phone" option in settings that I believe also cleans all cache, but I don't use it.

Cheers.

Hey @as177,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and following @Billy-J's suggestions. 

It'd actually be great if you'd quickly try clearing your Spotify cache. More info on this here. If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be good to try uninstalling Spotify, clearing your phone's cache (with the option you mentioned) and then installing the app again for now.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here for this and anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you for the continued support, much appreciated. I tried clearing the cache again using the guide Mario provided, however I couldn't find a clear cache option under storage. I uninstalled the app, cleared the cache using the option I mentioned in the settings menu, and reinstalled it again. The issue is still here.

Cheers.

Marked as solution

Hey, I had the same problem with my Redmi Note 8 Pro, and I solved it by restricting dark mode in Spotify. This setting is located under Display>Dark Mode>Individual Apps

Hello mikezulu99,

Tried setting dark mode off for Spotify, that actually fixed the problem! Thanks everyone for the help!

Thanks buddy it definitely solved my problem since I have the same device's brand 

Hi, had the exact same problem on my Samsung S21. Solved it by going into phone> settings> storage > optimize

Hi, i have same problem but, how can I change to White mode?.In  Spotify settings not appears that option.

Suggested posts