Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I cannot control Spotify from external devices anymore since update to Android 11. I cannot skip songs from the car controls anymore (BMW x1 F48, ID6 ) and neither from my smartwatch ( Huawei GT2 Pro). However, I can only control volume from the smartwatch, but can't stop or skip songs anymore.

3 Replies

Hey @tudor1982

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know what exactly happens when you try to stop or skip your songs from your devices?

Also, we suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these steps to see if that helps.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying to unpair and re-pair your devices again to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The app is updated to its latest version. Nothing happens when I touch the skip or stop buttons. 

However, the controls from the smartwatch have started to function again, but not from the car. The pairing and unpairing did not change things.

Hi @tudor1982,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you did and that didn't do the trick, can you perform a soft reset of your phone?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts