Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canvas feature not loading/stopped working.

Solved!

Canvas feature not loading/stopped working.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1. Hello, as of last friday night my phone stopped loading the canvas videos in the applied songs. I tried reinstalling the app, deleting cache, deleting online cache and many other methods but nothing worked. I also contacted support via Twitter and after discussing and testing for three days straight they told me that they had no solution for this problem. Instead of loading the video, the songs with Canvas have the album cover with a dark filter on top of it, implying that it wi eventually load or something (it never happens). I managed to find a temporary solution to this, if you click the share option in a song and wait for it to load, the interface shows its canvas video and how it should look like, then close the song window and open it again to show it. Unfortunately I need to do this in each and every single song with the canvas feature. Does anyone have a possible solution that isn't mentioned? Or is my only option to wait for it to eventually fix itself? Please help, not even the Spotify Cares guy could do something.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Awesome @jp_glzf! Yep, this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify 8.7.66.

Thanks again folks for making Spotify better. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

43 Replies

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

My canvas video doesn'tplay on Spotify. I

Operating System

• (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Canvas won't play I've tried resetting phone logging out. Checked bata saved and canvas settings. Cleared cache. Still won't play. What do I do. 

Hi there @wesoneal,

Thanks for the post!

Can you let us know if you can see the Canvas setting in your Spotify app settings at all? Also let us know what device you're using.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, on my phone the Canvas feature are not showing up, I have contacted a community support, but they could not seems to fix this. is it just me or is this happening to anyone else? (I do have Premium)

Plan

Premium

Country

America

Device

moto g stylus 5G

Hey there @BlueDrag0n4605 

The Canvas feature can be enabled (and disabled) in Settings, which is shown as a cog wheel on your Spotify home page.

Try toggling it off-on to see if it brings the Canvas out!

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried that, actually. It did not work, that is why I contacted the Community, even they could not figure it out. I assume it is a bug and will be resolved in the next update or so. Until then, the Community member suggested for me to post the problem on here.

I should note that I have a Xiaomi remi note 9 with android version 11 RP1A.200720.011.

I have the same issue. Started a few days ago, probably right around when yours did, so it may be a widespread issue (also, I have a Pixel 4a 5G running Android 13 TP1A.220624.014). Hopefully Spotify is working on a fix.

I have the same problem, do you find any solution about that?

yes I can see the canvas setting. I have an Android AT& T TCL version 12

Same on POCO X3 Pro, Android 11, 12, and 13.

I'm having the same problem. The last few days, at least since Saturday (I listen to Spotify every day for at least 60 minutes, so I'd notice changes). [Galaxy S22 Ultra. Android 12. One UI version 4.1]

Hi there @wesoneal,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try restarting the Spotify app and logging out and back in twice in a row. After that try playing this song: here and check if the Canvas video appears.

Since you have the option to switch it on in Settings it should work on the songs which have Canvas. 

Note that such short videos might be blocked by the custom Android API on your phone. To test this, you can ask a friend or family member who do have Canvas on their phone, to log in with their account on your phone and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So I tried logging in and out and restarting app twice canvas  still wouldn't play but the canvas you sent me played. I haven't tried the other option with someone singing in using my phone I will try that soon as I get the opportunity and let you know. Thanks 

Hello, I only found the solution by clicking on the sharing option in a song, but this works for each individual song that you do it on, I have around 11,000 songs in my phone so it's not really a feasible option. I sugest you try the same for a moment if it gives you some peace.

I noticed that we all have Android phones and this issue started happening around the same time. This might be useful information because, if so, then maybe the support team will have a more focused view on the problem. I might contact the support guy again with this thread and see if they can consider this for a next patch. Thanks all for the replies, if anyone has a solution or found an update on the issue please feel free to reply.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs so far.

Our tech folks are aware of this and are currently working on a fix. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any updates on the matter, so stay tuned!

Feel free to provide us with the following information, if you haven't already:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
  • The URL of a track where the Canvas isn't working properly.

We'll pass the info on to the internal teams at Spotify so they can look further into this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hello all, I updated the app on my phone with the latest patch and everything seems to work out well. I hope this is the case for you too. Best regards.

Marked as solution

Awesome @jp_glzf! Yep, this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify 8.7.66.

Thanks again folks for making Spotify better. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if something else comes up.

Have a good one!

YordanModerator

iPhone iOS 16 app up to date and I don’t even have a canvas toggle under Playback. I never see video loops. For example: I see none of Taylor swifts Clocks. Only album covers. 

Suggested posts