Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Xiaomi Note 8

Operating System

Android 10

I recently noticed that, when Spotify is in Car Mode, it doesn't show the timecode of the song anymore, only when the song starts or if I touch the screen. Why did it disappear with the last update is something that I can't understand. What's the point? Now I have to touch the screen to see the timecode when, before, it was right there, so I didn't have to move my hands from the wheel if I wanted to remember the timecode of one passage of the song playing, or go back to that point later. Now I only see the progress bar, but no timecode at all. In the attachment, what I mean by timecode, the time into the song and its length (it's not a pic of the car mode, but I'm not in the car and I won't take a screencap while driving to prove it)

Please, stop messing the Spotify experience with each update

1617998993459.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @tricky2k

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We understand where you're coming from. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give it a try using a different device to see if you can replicate this? 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I couldn't answer before. Clean reinstall does nothing. This is not an app error or bug, but a "feature", if you can call it that. It's simply that Spotify devs thought that maybe we could get distracted if we saw the timecode of the song playing, so instead now you have to tap the phone screen being careful of not moving the slider, or going to the next or previous song, therefore having to go back and tap the screen again and maybe have a car crash because you're too distracted fiddling with the phone instead of driving. A feature that I don't think anybody asked for, and that it's worst than how it was before

Hi @tricky2k

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're sorry to hear that you feel like this. Keep in mind that we can continue with the help in order to find the root cause of this behavior and see if it's something expected or not.

If you'd like to continue, it would be helpful to have a screen recording where we can see exactly what happens. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be right here. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts