Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Controls for Pause/Next song gone from Notification bar

Solved!

Controls for Pause/Next song gone from Notification bar

Hello community, I've tried my best finding a related post, but I'm at my wits end, so here I go.

Recently (about a week ago) the controls to pause or skip to the next song have been gone from my notification bar, both when my phone is locked and when it's unlocked and I try to change my song while using another app.

The only controls it will show me are the button to toggle shuffle and the favourite button.

So far I've tried to solve the issue by:

-Clean cache

-Log out / Back in

-Check for updates

-Uninstall and Reinstall the app

-Restart phone

-Check notification settings of my phone

-Check Battery Saving settings (both the app and my phone's, nothing visible changed from the weeks before where everything was working normally)

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

Xiaomi 12 5G

Operating System

Android 13 TKQ

(Example attached)

Thanks in advance for any more ideas what do try!

Screenshot_2022-12-17-08-02-58-006_com.spotify.music-edit.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

We've tried reproducing this but we were not able to.

We'd highly recommend to check with your device's manufacturer about this issue as Android ROMs differ. In addition, you're saying that you're missing controls globally and this got us thinking that the issue might be connected with your device's OS.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hi, I'm experiencing the same on my Xiaomi 12 Pro. HOWEVER: the controls are missing globally, regardless if I'm using Spotify, SoundCloud or any other player. I guess it has to be bug in MIUI.

Plan

Premium

CountryNetherlands

Device

Xiaomi 12

Operating System

Android 13 TKQ1.220807.001

My Question or Issue

Suddenly the drop down menu isn't working properly. 
Some buttons are missing as shown on the picture.
I tried reinstalling and browsing through setting in phone and Spotify to find a solution but I was unable to.

320440067_582632673870815_7482701832185248746_n.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

We've tried reproducing this but we were not able to.

We'd highly recommend to check with your device's manufacturer about this issue as Android ROMs differ. In addition, you're saying that you're missing controls globally and this got us thinking that the issue might be connected with your device's OS.

Hope this helps,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

I have a xiaomi 12 and since i updated it to miui 13.2.5, the spotify notifications have changed It no longer lets me play the next or previous song. Now it only lets me choose if the playlist is random and add the songs to the favorite songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi 12

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I just have an issue with the widget on my lockscreen. Since a couple of days the Song controls are gone and I only have the Shuffle Button and "Favourite" Button, but the controlls to skip the track or go to the prev ain't there anymore.

I just tried a few things I read here. Clean de-install with deleting folder, log in and out from the app, wipe cache, checking permissions also on notification, but non of them worked 😞

Any idea what could also help? 😞

Screenshot_2022-12-23-13-37-11-048_lockscreen.jpg

Hi there @1HP_Hero,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

In order to look into this, can you let us know your current Spotify app version and what happens if you try swiping the widget down while the screen is still locked?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello @Alex

Yes sure. i have 8.7.92.521.

When I swipe down while it is still locked only the progress Bar appears. Sadly still not the controlls

Screenshot_2022-12-25-10-36-12-826_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-25-10-36-37-274_lockscreen.jpg

Device: Xiaomi 12

Operating System: Miui global 13.2.4.0

My Question or Issue

I've updated my Xiaomi 12 to Android 13 and now the Spotify mini player on the lock screen does not show play/pause controls or next/previous controls.  It only shows shuffle and Bluetooth controls. I've checked all the notifications definitions and uninstalled and installed.

It's really annoying 😭

IMG_20221225_231529.jpg

Me too!

IMG_20221225_231529.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

@1HP_Hero, @Tamarb, we'd like to gather as much information as possible. Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

On another note, did you notice any difference if you open a different account on the affected device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in your device and check.

@Tamarb, would you mins sending us the make/model and OS of your device, along with the Spotify version you are running? It'd be really helpful if you send us the troubleshooting you've tried so far so we can avoid repeating any steps.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey, thank you so much for the support. I tried that idea already and it did not work. What I also tried is to install a earlier Version. So from 8.7.92.521 I did a "downgrade" to 8.7.90.544 and the Song Controlls are back. I just checked all the Settings and permissions, noticed them, went back to the new version, rechecked them. And they was the same,so I went back to an older Version. Looks like my phone can not handle something from the newer Version and it kills my Song controlls. I will wait for a new update and see if it comes back. Maybe there is something, my phone can not handle 😅

Hi there @Tamarb,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what happens if you swipe down the widget while the screen is locked? Do the controls and time slider appear?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm having the same issue on a Xiaomi 12 Lite. Can't pause, skip or go back a song from the control panel. This is the case if my phone is locked or unlocked. I have to physically go into the app. The control panel just shows options to favourite and replay songs. Super annoying !

Screenshot_2022-12-27-20-50-34-834_com.miui.home.jpg

Yes, having same issue on MIUI 13 (Android 13) in Xiaomi phone. I believe it's something on MIUI, since their music app has the same problem since the update. Unable to change songs or play/pause from lockscreen.

Not OP, but same problem. It does not let you swipe down.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Xiaomi Mi 12 Pro)

Operating System

(Android 13)

My Question or Issue

I can't see the buttons play/pause neither back and next in the notification player or on the lock screen.

I tried:

• - login/logout 
  • - Reinstall the app
  • - Activate/Deactivate notification settings

Nothing works 

Screenshot_2023-01-03-01-20-21-161_android.jpg
Screenshot_2023-01-03-01-20-28-114_lockscreen.jpg

Having the same problem after updating my POCO X4 GT to android 13

Quando aparece a barra de notificações esses botões não aparecem, aí quando eu quero pular a música eu tenho que entrar no app para fazer isso

Eu também estou com o mesmo problema após a última atualização para a MIUI Global 13.2.5 no meu Poço X4 GT. Perdi os botões de controle de música do Spotify na tela de bloqueio e barra de notificação. Já fiz todos os testes possíveis, apenas não fiz o hard reset.

Suggested posts