Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crash after 5 Minutes of Playback

Solved!

Crash after 5 Minutes of Playback

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

United States

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

After switching to Duo from regular Premium two days ago, the app will play for about 5 minutes and then crashes: the screen goes black and it won't register attempts to minimize. Turning off the screen for a moment will return me to Home as will waiting for about 1 minute, at which point the black screen goes away. The notification shade continues to function normally.

I am subscribed to the Beta and installed the recent update.

Reinstalling the app fixes the issue temporarily (for about a day).

Rebooting the phone does NOT fix the issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @AmberShadow

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case the regular reinstall you performed helps temporarily we recommend trying a clean reinstall as well. This step is more thorough in terms of removing corrupted data from the previous installation. 

Also, keep in mind we're currently investigating an issue with Pixel 4A devices causing the app not to operate as expected. Check out this Ongoing Issue where you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @AmberShadow

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case the regular reinstall you performed helps temporarily we recommend trying a clean reinstall as well. This step is more thorough in terms of removing corrupted data from the previous installation. 

Also, keep in mind we're currently investigating an issue with Pixel 4A devices causing the app not to operate as expected. Check out this Ongoing Issue where you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Thank you, Ivan. I will try the clean reinstall and report back.

This appears to have worked.

Hi there @AmberShadow,

Thanks for letting us know that this worked out for you 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help with anything else.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts