Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Current queue gets wiped out after 'Add to Up Next' from filtering

Current queue gets wiped out after 'Add to Up Next' from filtering

Brief description of the issue:

If you play all the songs from the library by pressing Shuffle Play, songs are added to the queue. You can affect current queue by using the filter. When you clear the filter everything goes back to normal (current queue gets back to normal and is unaffected by filter). However, if you use filter and Add up next some song, then the whole queue gets replaced by filtered songs and clearing filter doesn't revert current queue.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to your library and just shuffle play everything

Shuffle playShuffle play

2. As you can see queue is ok and filled out with songs

Current queue OKCurrent queue OK

3. Go to all songs and use the filter

FilterFilter

4. Add to Up Next the song and CLEAR THE FILTER

Add up to next and clear filterAdd up to next and clear filter

5. Queue is destroyed :((((

sadface_jpgsadface_jpg

This isn't the issue on desktop!

After clearing out the filter everything goes back to normal.

So it's most likely a bug.

Is there any difference between Add up to next(mobile) and Add to Queue (desktop)

I've tried using the Search instead of filter, but you cannot expand the context menu from the search results. (so no add up to next option)

Specs:

HTC One M8 Android 5.0.1 (additionaly tested on 6.0 too)

Spotify Premium v. 7.2.0.1250

Best regards.

1 Reply

I also thought the bug is triggered when using "Add to Queue" (from filter), but it seems the Queue is already messed up when using the filter field (before choosing "Add to Queue" from the menu).

Please check out this bug report (see link below) and click on the "ME TOO" link of that page (located at the "x people experienced this problem" text) to raise this bug's priority.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Searching-a-song-in-the-filter-messes-the-whole-queue/m-p/1...

Boon

Suggested posts