Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Playlist disables Bluetooth based back skip.

Daily Playlist disables Bluetooth based back skip.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

Device

Moto Z3

Operating System

Android Nugat

I listen to Daily Mix (1) constantly.  Eventually the back skip button becomes disabled for bluetooth devices (i.e. listening in car or with bluetooth headset)

and is ignored when used.  If I change to another play list, it back skip works

again.  I can imagine limiting the freedom of free users but as a Premium subscriber I should be able to replay songs as often as I want.

9 Replies

Hey @bigrob_nh,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community - we're here to help 🙂

Do you mind first trying a quick clean reinstall on your phone, making sure to follow all the relevant steps in this support article?

If you're still having trouble with the Previous button, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify you're running on your Android? Once we have that, we can take a closer look.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

OK, I'll follow those steps.  I've removed the app data before but I don't recall having done a re-install as well.

Rob.

OK, that fix lasted for a day.  Previous (via bluetooth only) has stopped working again.  Interestingly it coincides with the Daily Mix 'ending'.  These are supposed to be endless mixes but it is frequently the case where play stops and you have to go back into the list and repeat the last entry (or previous to last entry) to get the list to re-extend.
So, that phenomena happened this morning.  Took phone off charger, got in car.  Track is playing and when it ends, the Daily Mix stops.  Go into the list and re-play the last song which causes the daily mix to re-extend.  Previous is now ignored for the life of this playlist.
Another interesting note on this issue.  If you touch the second-to-last song in the daily mix the list extends to include new songs but when that song completes and you start what was previously the 'last' song it starts playing from the middle (or wherever you started that song to get in this state).
Your Daily Mix is probably getting **bleep** up by Android power or memory management.
Moto Z3 Play.Android 8.1.0, security patch level Feb 1, 2019.
Spotify 8.5.6.673

Hello!
I have exactly the same problem. When I put a list done I can use "back" and "forward" in the songs without problem from the steering wheel of the car or from the controls of a bluetooth speaker.

The problem is when the list ends and it starts to play "related songs". There I can not use the "back" button to listen to the song or return to a previous random. Only the "forward" option works.

This is quite annoying and only happens with Android since previously used iPhone and did not have this problem in the car.

I have used 2 different devices, OnePlus 7 Pro and Xiaomi A2, both with the latest version of Spotify and Android 9 with the latest security review.

Should I activate something or is it an application problem?

Please help!

Hey @aEst and @bigrob_nh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're currently experiencing some issues when connecting to the Bluetooth system in your car. Take a look at this Ongoing Issue to see if this is the issue you are experiencing.

We'll do our best to get this resolved as quick as possible.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

Thanks for the follow up.  It is not specific to my car.  Once the playlist is messed up any Bluetooth previous command is ignored.  For example, the Bluetooth headset I use.

Once in this state only clearing app data seems to correct it and that is only temporary.

Let me also add that this is specific to Daily Mix.  My own playlists, albums and radio all seem to work fine.  Daily Mix is the only component that seems to have these

issues with the back button and integrity of the list itself.

Finally my Moto Z3 just updated to Pie and the problem still exists.

I also have this problem. I can't use any Bluetooth devices to go back when listening to my daily mixes, I have to use my phone to go back. Other commands like skip/play/pause still work with my Bluetooth devices though. This is a issue with all my Bluetooth devices (my car, my wife's car, and different 2 headphones) Thisand everything is up to date. The problem only happens when listening to my daily mixes though, when selecting any other playlist, everything works fine. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Suggested posts