Solved!

Delete Downloads?

Plan: Premium

Device

Amazon Fire HD 8 (6th Generation)

Operating System

Fire OS 5 (Android Derived)

My Question or Issue

According to my settings, downloads take up 7.0 MB of my memory, but I currently have no downloaded songs though I have saved songs to my library and I have downloaded songs before. I read in another thread that Spotify will keep the space you used for downloading in reserve in case you download again. What I want to know is can you clear that space without deleting and reinstalling the app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Kevtol,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

That's a great question. You should be able to remove that by heading to the app's Settings, then scrolling down until you see the option to "Delete Cache".

Alternatively, you should be able to do the same on your phone's settings, by finding your Apps, then tapping Spotify.

You can also perform a clean reinstall to start afresh (no worrries, your playlists and saved songs will still be there waiting) by following the steps here.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Kevtol,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

That's a great question. You should be able to remove that by heading to the app's Settings, then scrolling down until you see the option to "Delete Cache".

Alternatively, you should be able to do the same on your phone's settings, by finding your Apps, then tapping Spotify.

You can also perform a clean reinstall to start afresh (no worrries, your playlists and saved songs will still be there waiting) by following the steps here.

Hope this helps!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts