Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Samsung S10E

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify is displaying the wrong song title in the widget, top notification bar, and on the lock screen. It will get stuck on a song and will not update to any other song that I select until I uninstall/reinstall the app for it to stop.  I have to reinstall the app almost every day and redownload all my playlists.

It has happened whilst I have been connected on WiFi as well as 4G. It also happens with playlists I have downloaded. Having read other similar past posts, it might a Bluetooth issue. It could be related to disconnecting my wireless headphones by turning them off whilst a song is currently playing rather than pausing the song and then turning the headphones off?  

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Display stuck on incorrect track

Hey there @Amandawingman,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting info with us.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? It is a bit different that deleting and reinstalling the app. You can check out this article for the relevant steps.

Also could you let us know if this happens on any of your other devices or the Web player?

Apart from that have you tried playing music from you phone without your wireless headphones? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

I've been having the same issue. I have tried a clean re-install and it still happens?

Reading the above, I mainly use the app on my samsung galaxy S8 phone connected to bluetooth headphones. In strong 4G areas or over wifi?

Highlighted

Hi @CharlieVaughan,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you let us know if this happens only when listening to music while you have your BT headphones connected?

Does it also happen if you're listening to Offline songs.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS