Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Samsung S10E

Operating System

Android 10

Spotify is displaying the wrong song title in the widget, top notification bar, and on the lock screen. It will get stuck on a song and will not update to any other song that I select until I uninstall/reinstall the app for it to stop.  I have to reinstall the app almost every day and redownload all my playlists.

It has happened whilst I have been connected on WiFi as well as 4G. It also happens with playlists I have downloaded. Having read other similar past posts, it might a Bluetooth issue. It could be related to disconnecting my wireless headphones by turning them off whilst a song is currently playing rather than pausing the song and then turning the headphones off?  

14 Replies

Hey there @Amandawingman,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting info with us.

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? It is a bit different that deleting and reinstalling the app. You can check out this article for the relevant steps.

Also could you let us know if this happens on any of your other devices or the Web player?

Apart from that have you tried playing music from you phone without your wireless headphones? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having the same issue. I have tried a clean re-install and it still happens?

Reading the above, I mainly use the app on my samsung galaxy S8 phone connected to bluetooth headphones. In strong 4G areas or over wifi?

Hi @CharlieVaughan,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you let us know if this happens only when listening to music while you have your BT headphones connected?

Does it also happen if you're listening to Offline songs.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

I experience this issue with spotify connect devices (Marantz M-CR611, M-CR511 and M-CR610).

The playback continues and is not stopped but usually only the first song is displayed in the Marantz display.

Even when I manually change playlists or select new songs to be played.

20210818_134506.jpg

Music is playing for several minutes and I switched to Imagine Dragons in the meantime. Still the very first song is displayed.

Just figured that when I press the "next" button on the device itself it does a "one-time" update. The next song is displayed from then on (statically again).

Hey @zlo,

Thanks for the post.

Does this happen when you're streaming music from all devices, like your phone, computer etc. to the receiver?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

No it just occurs on my Samsung galaxy S20 FE

It seems that it works when playing from a Windows PC.

It does not work from my Android Phone (Samsung, Android 11).

Hi there @CharlieVaughan and @zlo,

Thank you for your replies and confirmations.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

We also suggest that you make sure that there's no pending updates on the device.

@CharlieVaughan - if the trick persists, we suggest that you contact our customer support and ask them to remove any possible corrupt device since we can't do it directly from our end.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

Does this mean that you suspect that my SD Card is corrupt?

I did not experience any issues with other apps so far!

Or do you tell me that Spotify does not work correctly when an SD Card is inserted?

So can I later re-insert the SD Card?

- Klaus

I highly suspect that the SD card is corrupted as everyone in my Family has the same issue with 3 different phone models.
All use a SD Card though.

Hey @zlo,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We can't know for sure if there's an issue with the SD card - we're just asking you to try this to see if we can narrow down what might be causing this behavior. To clarify, Spotify works fine in devices with SD cards that aren't corrupted. When the cards get corrupted is when there may be issues with the app's performance.

If possible, could you try using a different connection to see if the behavior is the same?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've had exact same problem with a Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S21  (no SD card).

It seems to start when switching between podcasts and songs. Waze connection seems suspect too. 

Hi @jmkgardiner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

To start assisting you with this, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've attempted so far? This way we can avoid repeating them. 

Also, since this is happening across different phones, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Suggested posts